Ultimatums

Just as the lights had went out the door at the front of the house opened. I heard Rosalie and Emmetts voice as the entered. What were they doing here? I expected a threat but it was only family. I looked up at Edward for an explanation but he was looking at something else.

"Hey Edwin!" I heard Emmett shout. "Turning out the lights can't save you." I heard him shout before chuckling to himself.

"Maybe they aren't here yet?" Rosalie replied.

"Hey rose do you smell that? It smells like we have a pet dog." He chuckled.

I heard Rosalie growl as she entered the kitchen. When she stopped I heard her mutter something about the stench before she saw Edward and I. "What are you guys doing?" She asked.

It took them three-fourths of a second to feel the tension in the room. Emmett sniffed the air before he went into a defensive stance and began growling.

"What are they doing here?" Emmett snarled.

"They just want to talk." Edward said again.

"Talk my ass." Emmett hissed as he moved to stand infront of Rosalie and the twins. "When have the Volturi ever come in peace."

In the next couple seconds the backdoors opened and in walked Aro, Jane, Felix, Alec and a new vampire I didn't notice.

"Hello friends." Aro hissed in what he thought was a happy tone.

"What brings you to Denali?" Edward asked formally.

Aro walked forward a few steps and I felt the tension around me rise. He stopped when he saw Jacob and sniffed the air. The next moment he clapped his hands together. "Ah it seems you've made friends with a werewolf."

Felix flexed his muscles and I knew he was thinking that he would get to execute someone today.

"Shape shifter, they just take on the shape of a wolf." I corrected. "It's against the vampire laws to befriend the children of the moon. Remember?" I said defensively.

"Where is your proof?" Aro asked me. "For all I know you can be lying."

Jacob cleared his throat as he moved to stand before Edward, who stood before myself and Renesmee. "The proof is in the night sky" Jake said bitterly. "Its a full moon meaning if I was a child of the moon I should have shifted and ran off but yet here I am."

Aro's happy expression faded. He must've really wanted an excuse to execute us but had none.

"Can you please tell us why you are here?" I asked him.

I saw as Aro's eyes looked at me and then to Rosalie. Why would he want me and Rosalie.... Then it hit me. I was holding Renesmee and the twins were standing by their mother.

"NO!" I hissed, several angry growls rising through my throat. "You can't have our children and we've done nothing wrong. Listen to their hearts they beat like humans. They aren't immortal children."

"Bella what are you talking about?" Rosalie said to me. "What do you mean he wants the children?"

"He's here to take the children." Edward said quickly.

"Over my pile of ashes!" Emmett barked.

Renesmee wrapped her arms around me and began to cry. "Mommy I don't want to go with them I want to stay with you." She whimpered.

I rubbed her back soothingly. "Mommy and daddy won't let them take you."

Aro clasped his hands infront of him as he walked forward to stand infront of us. "As nice as I am I will give you an ultimatum. I will let the children stay with you, for now. When the Winter season comes back around I will return with my entire gaurd. You will surrender to us and give us the children or we will kill your entire family."