Sparkles

I was running in the night making sure to keep hidden in the shelter of the trees in order to keep from the human eye. Every little rustle and sound caused me to flinch and jump from fright. I was so scared of what would happen to me if I was caught by the Volturi.

Would they lock me up and force me to become monsters like them or would they kill me?

I continued to run I saw that I had to change sides in order to make it down to the border near Forks. Just as I was about to make a running leap my foot caught and I fell into the road.

Then I saw headlights. A car was coming right for me. The driver must have saw me because I heard the unmistakable sound of screeching tires. I rolled out of the way to the other side of the road just in time for the car to come to a stop just inches from where I was.

I hid in the bushes and watched as the driver got out and began searching around the car.

"Babe what's wrong did you hit an animal?" His wife asked.

I saw him shake his head. "No it was a little girl." He replied.

I heard the desperate attempts for the woman to get out of the car. She stumbled around the front of the car withs panicked look on her face.

"Where is the girl is she alive?" The woman asked.

The man shrugged his shoulders. "I don't see anything, no blood or signs that I hit her."

"So you imagined it?" She asked him.

The man yawned before he stretched his arms. "No it was probably just a trick of the light."

The couple continued talking for a couple minutes before they got into their car and left.

I let out a deep breath and continued on through the trail that led to the border.

Just after I passed through the Canadian border I had to stop and rest. I was so exhausted mentally and physically from the events that happened within the past day.

I curled up in a ball and started crying. I missed my mom and dad terribly and wish they were with me. Then it struck me, what if the Volturi took my grandpa and Sue too? Where would I go? Who would I stay with?

I forced myself to my feet and continued on through Washington. I needed to know if my grandpa was alright.

After I made it through the forests that led to Forks Washington I came to a slow run. I was close to my grandfathers house.

I stopped short of the trees that lined his house and began scanning the surroundings for anything out of order. I then sniffed the air lightly before I allowed my super hearing to listen in on the movement in the house.

I picked up the sounds of a television, someone in the kitchen and light snoring. I let out a breath of relief and cross the yard to the front door.

Without knocking I opened the door and walked in. It was Sue who saw me first.

"Renesmee what are you doing here hunnie?" She asked before opening up the front door to look for my parents. "Where is your mommy and daddy?" She asked slightly worried.

I broke down and began crying for I wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Charlie!" Sue shouted.

There was a broken snore before I heard shuffling and loud footsteps leading to the hall.

"Is the baby coming?" He asked desperately as he came to Sue. His eyes then fell on me and I saw his expression soften. "Renesmee?" He said as he went on his knees and brought me into his arms. "What's wrong where is your mom?"

I sniffled before I threw myself into his arms and began crying. "I don't know I woke up and everyone was gone." Tears were falling from my eyes at this point. "I want my mommy and daddy."

Charlie rose to his feet and took my hand before he led me to the living room. He turned on a documentary for me about wild animals and then went into the best room to use the phone.

I listened as he picked up the phone and dialed a number. It rang four times before it went to voice mail.

"Bella what on earth is going on here? Renesmee just showed up at my house by herself saying she woke up and everyone was gone. Call me back, I want answers now!" He said in a stern voice before he hung up the phone.

Just as my grandpa was coming into the living room the phone rang.

"Hello, Swan resi-" there was a pause in which I was able to make out enough from the caller to know it was a female. "Bella calm down yes she is here and she is fine. What I want to know is how she got here and why you weren't there." He replied. "Yes of course you can talk to her."

Grandpa called my name and I got up and walked into the kitchen. He handed me the phone and I put it to my ear.

"Mommy?" I said in a tiny voice.

"Oh god! Renesmee Carlie Cullen what gives you the right to just leave like that we feared the worst!" My mother said heatedly.

"I woke up and everyone was gone I searched the entire house and you were all gone."

"Oh love I'm sorry Kachiri used her gift to make it so it seemed like we were alone so everyone didn't become so tense with the lack of space. Mommy and daddy would never leave you like that." My mother said.

I sniffled a bit before wiping my eyes and nodded my head. "I was scared I thought something happened to you I didn't know what to do."

"You did the proper thing but you scared your father and I terribly." My mother replied.

"Is daddy mad at me?" I asked.

There was a pause. "Renesmee I could never be mad at you I was just scared I lost you. You are one of the most important things in my life."

"We will see you soon." My mother said from the background.

"Carlisle and Esme are going to come and get you and you will stay with them until we get you." My father explained.

"I want to stay with grandpa Charlie daddy." I said to him.

My father sighed. "Okay then. Remember though be careful with your words Charlie doesn't know about our world."

"Daddy I know." I said to him. "I love

You."

"As your mother and I love you." He said before he hung up.

When I put the phone back on the hook my grandfather was waiting to pelt me with questions about where I was and what happened. Most of all he wanted to know how I got here.

I couldn't tell him the truth so I had to lie.

I told him that I was at Carlisle and Esme's taking a nap and woke up thinking that no one was home so I walked to his house. The walking part made him a angry. He told me that I could have gotten taken by a stranger and went on about the pain the family would have suffered including him. After I broke into tears from the thought of my family hurting like that he ended his gentle rampage.

I yawned and finally felt the exhaustion from my journey set in. I was without a doubt tired and needed a nap.

"Grampa I'm tired." I yawned.

He lifted me into his arms and carried me upstairs to his bedroom where he tucked me in.

He explained that I would've been able to sleep in my mothers old bedroom but it was recently turned into a nursery for my unborn cousin.

Before I closed my eyes my attention was drawn by something outside the window. The way it sparkled was pretty.