Three years earlier...

As I walked down the street towards my hometowns business district I thought about Kate. We had only become a couple a few months before and I hadn't seen her all summer. I was meeting up with her and her best friend Maddie. Maddie's boyfriend Carson was going to meet us and we were all going to see a movie. As I approached the theatre I saw two figures standing under the mezzanine. One was small, only about 5' 3" and had brown wavy hair that came to just about her shoulders. Her brown eyes lit up when she saw me. The other was slightly taller, also with brown wavy hair but this time, it came down to her chest.

"Kate!" I said, walking up to them, "how's it going, I haven't seen you all summer?" I said as I stopped next to them. "Hello Maddie." I said to the taller girl. "Where's Carson?" I asked, looking around asI get my ticket from the booth.

"He's running a little late." Maddie says. Just then a car pulled up next to the curb and a tall lanky guy with short blonde hair got out and walked up to her.

"Great, we're all here!" I said. "Shall we?" I asked offering Kate my arm as Carson bought his ticket. Then we all walked into the theatre ready to see the movie.