Day 3- 1:35

"Here." Maddie says, tossing me her assault rifle, "this'll help you a lot more than it'll help me."

"Thanks." I reply, checking the clip.

As she hands over three more clips of ammunition I hear shouts along with growls and the high pitched whine of blaster fire start to draw closer to our position. Six figures run out of the shadows between two buildings, firing frantically behind them as bolts of green light char the pavement around them. "Take aim!" I yell as Jack, Amanda, Ian, Zoë, their helmets gone, and two members of Laurel's platoon, Ella and Cathy, dive into position with Carson and I. "Here they come!" I yell as the purple hulks of the alien troopers lumber around the corner. I sight my first target and squeeze the trigger. The alien falls to the ground but gets back up, a bullet hole in its shoulder. "Aim for the head!" I yell, putting a bullet in the injured alien.

As if on que a shot rings out, louder than any of our rifles and the unseen bullet passes through seventeen aliens before finding a home in the eighteenth's skull Several blaster shots land a little too close but I pay them no mind. The night is dark but we have a burning jet to act as our light source, illuminating the invaders like its broad daylight.

"Sir!" Laurel shouts over the din of rifles, blasters and alien roars.

"What?!" I shout back, lobbing a grenade into the middle of the alien horde where it explodes, destroying many of our enemies. "It's Kate sir! she's waking up!"