Day 3- 0:20

I open my eyes slowly as a flash of pain lance through my head. "Damn that hurts!" I mutter as I sit up and take in my surroundings. Fire burns in a large area about ten feet from me. I see the wall of a building has an area of cracked stone, like something hit it at high speed. The ground below it is blocked by some boxes. I start to crawl toward it when a green bolt of light lances out of the dark, nearly decapitating me. "SHIT!" I yell, rolling away from it. My helmet display, which somehow wasn't damaged in the plane explosion, shows me the outlines of three aliens picking their way towards me. "Why are they moving so slowly?" I ask out loud. Suddenly the ground beneath them explodes, killing them instantly. "You've got to love pressure mines." I say as I get up.

"Sparta! Come in Sparta!" A frantic voice calls over the radio. "Are you alive? We lost contact with you when your defensive radius went down."

"I'm fine." I reply, "a little banged up but fine."

"Good. But we're sending a backup unit regardless."

"I.....fine." I sigh as I start to move the boxes off of whatever lies underneath. "Holy shit!" I shout, "send a medic with that squad!"

I yell into my com link. "I've found Kate!"

"Roger that Sparta, they're on their way."

As I carefully drag Kate to the center of camp a roar rings out behind me. Six aliens have formed a semicircle and are advancing toward me.