4.4K 194 45

"What? A Quirk Assessment Test?"

"What about Orientation? We're going to miss it!" the girl from earlier exclaimed.

"If you want to be big later on, you can't waste time on little ceremonies. Here at U.A. we're not so strict about traditions." Aizawa turned his head around to look at the students. "That means I can run this class how I see is fit." Turning around to face the class fully, he continued. "All you ever took were standardized tests. You never had the chance to use your Quirk in Physical Exams before. The government still wants everyone to believe everyone is created equal, making sure the most powerful can't excel. One day they'll learn."

He turned towards the student with the spiky hair. "Bakugou."

Danny drowned out Aizawa's questioning and looked at the boy. He didn't seem impressed by everything going on or him being called forward to try first. Danny knew all about him. Clockwork had told him he'd be someone to watch.

So he did. Danny watched as Bakugou stretched his arm and put fire behind the ball when he threw it to make it go further. Everyone seemed shocked, but Danny wasn't phased. As Aizawa showed the distance, most students almost couldn't believe it.

"Wow, 705 meters? I can't believe it! Are you kidding me?"

"That seems fun! I wanna go."

"This is what I'm talking about! Using our Quirks as much as we want? Sign me up!"

"Fun?" Aizawa questioned. "Do you think it's all gonna be playtime, the three years you have here to become a hero? Idiots." His face seemed to become dark as he smirked. "Today you will compete in eight physical tests. Whoever comes in last will be expelled without further notice."

Now that sentence shocked Danny. He saw that Midoriya seemed particularly nervous. The boy started visibly sweating and panicking. He flinched as Aizawa repeated he was in charge of how the class was going to go, and it only freaked him out more.

"You can't send us home. We just got there! Even if it's only the first day. It's not fair!"

"And a natural disaster is fair?" Aizawa said. "Or power hungry villains? No. The world is filled with unfairness. It's a hero's job to fight against that. If you want to become a hero, you need to overcome that. In the next three years, U.A. will throw hardship after hardship at you, and it is your job to work through those. So go beyond. Plus Ultra."

Danny nearly snorted as Aizawa mumbled the school's motto with regret.

"Show me you deserve to be here."

Everyone seemed to tense up and focus.

"Now," Aizawa grinned. "Let us begin."

The 50 meter dash was up first

The 50 meter dash was up first. Danny watched how Iida sprinted over the finish like a mad-man, followed closely by a girl that seemed to hop over the finish. Next up were the girl Midoriya had talked to earlier and the boy with the tail.