. 3 0 .

The outer hallway was filled to the brim with students. From the first to the third year, from Hero to Support Course, from Financial Studies to General Education, everyone was pushing and shoving to get out of the building first. Midoriya, Uraraka, and Iida were trapped within the mass of teens, desperately trying to not get squashed under their feet.

"Why..?" Uraraka said through gritted teeth as she was shoved into her two classmates.

"The U.A. students were all quick to react, as to be expected!" Iida said as if he wasn't part of the group. "But the hallways are too narrow!"

"They might've been quick, but they're causing a large panic as well!" Midoriya exclaimed. He was pushed to the side and lost his footing, involuntarily moving away from Uraraka and Iida to regain his balance.

"What in the world could've trespassed—" was the last Midoriya heard of Iida before the noises of the crowd overtook his senses and he was unable to hear Iida or Uraraka anymore. The crowd sucked him further away from them, moving towards the exit in an agonizingly slow pace.

He panicked.

It was as if he was four again, sitting in that stupid chair with that mean old man, crushing his life-time dream of being a Hero with a few simple words. It was as if he sat in front of the computer again, watching that one video over and over, except this time, his mom didn't even come at all.

It was as if he was in middle school again, cornered by those four kids that had tormented him since kindergarten. It was as if they were sneering at him, laughing at him, calling him names, and making him feel stupid for even trying. It was as if Kacchan was there, giving him those downgrading looks before throwing his notes out the window and into the pond.

It was as if he was Quirkless again, fighting against the drowning with nothing to hold on to and no hope of anyone coming to save him. It was as if the Sludge Villain came back, his breath hitching in his throat, and he found himself hyperventilating. It was as if he found himself giving up, tears spilling and light nearly going out...

"Midoriya!"

A firm grip on his upper arm brought him back to reality before a tingling sensation took over. A hiss from the person holding him was all he could hear before the sensation spread from the grip on his arm to the rest of his body, and before he knew it, he was out of the crowd.

"Listen up! Everything is okay! It's just the press! There's nothing to worry about! Everything is fine! We're U.A. students, we need to remain calm and prove that we're the best of the best!"

Iida's speech resonated in his ears for a second or two before he got grip on the situation. He was sitting against the wall, in the empty cafeteria.

On the other side of the wall.

He looked around himself, still not completely present. No doors nearby, no people in sight, and all he heard were the relieved exclamations from the other side of the wall and his own panting. He breathed out a sigh of relief before slumping where he sat.

He could worry about what had happened in a second.