. 3 8 .

"Finally," Sam sighed as they walked onto the school grounds. "I've been waiting for this for ages."

"It's been a week," Danny frowned. "Surely, you know you're exaggerating." Tucker had been getting annoyed by Sam's complaints about her costume and had talked to 'Hatsume' the day before. She was more than happy to help, having been granted access to one of Power Loader's workshop earlier that week. Tucker had been excited to announce they could drop by before school the day after. "I just hope she can fix the shit."

Sam smacked his arm before striding into the building, followed closely by Tucker. Danny looked at the pager as he walked behind the two, checking the messages. Dani had been in charge of Clockwork's, apparently, because the screen was filled up with all kinds of jokes and joking sneers at their age. Pursing his lips, he contemplated making some comments back, but the shrieks coming from somewhere ahead made him decide against it.

He pocketed the pager and stole a quick glance at his phone before making his way over to the workshop. The black smoke was more annoying than anything else, and he was quick to find the source. Tucker was sitting against the wall, laughing and coughing at the same time, while Sam was tapping her foot, waiting for him to finish.

A girl with pink hair was handling a fire-extinguisher like she was a professional, and laughing in victory. Danny figured that this had to be Hatsume. "What a banger!" she exclaimed as she put the fire-extinguisher down and pulled her goggles up to sit atop her head. She grinned at the black spot on the workbench and turned. "...Sorry about that!" Seemingly surprised to see them, she cleared her throat and stepped to the side, where she pulled their three suitcases from.

How she'd gotten hold of them was beyond Danny, but he didn't think he wanted to know.

"I've taken a look at the things, but nothing looks good on the hanger, does it?" Hatsume turned back. "Sorry you nearly got blown up," she offered to Tucker, who had managed to catch his breath.

"It's fine," he laughed. "Been through worse." Sam elbowed him in his side and smiled at Hatsume and the cases. Tucker crumbled a bit but managed to remain upright. He shot a quick glare at Sam but turned back to Hatsume within half a second before nodding at the cases. "Ideas yet?"

Hatsume grinned. "You won't believe what I have in mind."

Five minutes and a quick wardrobe-change later, the Trio stood in front of Hatsume, fully decked out with all the gear in the cases. Hatsume walked past them and hummed in dissatisfaction at seeing something she didn't like, and sometimes even shook her head. "Good base," she said, "but bad execution." She grabbed Danny's hand and looked him in the eye as she shook his hand back and forth. "Spandex?"

"It's very aerodynamic!"

"Last time I checked, you weren't a speeder but a barbarian, or a rogue or something." She grinned at Tucker, who had snorted for some reason, and dropped his hand back before shrugging. "You want a spandex base? Fine with me. Just let me do my thing otherwise."

"Are you sure you're allowed to do this?" Sam asked skeptically as she crossed her arms. "Not that I don't want you to work your magic on our suits, but I don't want Nezu breathing down our necks because we did something we weren't supposed to."

"Who cares!" Hatsume yelled as she grabbed a piece of paper with gibberish and started tapping at a section. "See? Ideas galore! Trust me and you'll be fine!" She dropped the paper on a workbench and put her hands on her hips. "And if you're worried about Nezu, don't be. Power Loader will vouch for me. By the way! You are also the first and only ones getting upgrades from me before the tournament! My babies will be at your disposal only!" She waved at Danny. "Gloves. Here."