3.7K 153 27

All Might turned to face the class that was watching. "Pay attention, class, and think about what you would do." All Might took a notepad and started watching both teams intently.

Midoriya and Uraraka had climbed into the building via a window and started walked through the halls. They checked the corners before round them and carefully continued walking, Midoriya first and Uraraka walking right behind him. He seemed to be entirely focused, as if he had everything planned out until the finest details.

Danny knew he hadn't.

Suddenly, Bakugou jumped around the corner, surprising Team A. He went in to the right hook and Midoriya barely had time to grab Uraraka and jump out the way. They landed on the floor, and Danny could feel the collective cringe shuddering through the rest of the class.

Midoriya checked with Uraraka first before he quickly stood back up to face Bakugou. One half of his mask was missing, giving him a worn-out look, even though the match had only just started.

Team A communicated with each other before Bakugou swiped the mist from the explosion away and talking back to them.

"Tucker, couldn't you have planted a bug or something? I wanna hear what they're saying," Sam sighed as the other students murmured amongst themselves about the move.

Bakugou moved in for another attack with his right arm, but Midoriya caught his arm halfway, surprising Bakugou. He turned around and placed his left foot to the side, and with a mighty pull, he nearly threw Bakugou over his shoulder. Bakugou landed on the floor with his back first, where he stayed for a few seconds, gasping for air.

He slowly got up again as he listened to Midoriya talk, his head hanging. Midoriya stood tall and looked at Bakugou.

"You can call me Deku, but I'm not the same defenseless helpless kid anymore. From now on, Deku is the name of a hero!" Danny could barely hear Midoriya's exclamation but using a little bit of his Ghost Half, he could just make out the words.

Meanwhile, Uraraka started to connect the dots. About how she had told Midoriya she liked the name and how he just announced himself as just that. Her eyes widened in admiration as the shy boy stood tall against his bully, and even though he was clearly afraid, Uraraka thought it was the bravest she'd even seen him as.

"Can we get sound? Who's he talking to?" the guy in the red getup asked aloud.

"He has a radio so he can talk to his partner," All Might explained, pointing at his own communicator. "I gave it to him before the time went in, along with the map of the building. And a roll of capture tape. Wrapping it around your opponent means you've apprehended them. They're out when that happens."

"Seems unfair."

"True, but true Heroes have to overcome these challenges in real life. But even then, we fight."

"Plus Ultra!"

"Monsieur," the guy in the medieval armor and glitter cape said, "they're on the move."

Bakugou had stood up again, glaring at Midoriya with all his might. He yelled —what Danny thought was— a threat at him and charged forward. Uraraka dashed away front the scene as Midoriya blocked Bakugou's kick with his arms. He quickly grabbed the capture tape and tried wrapping it around Bakugo's ankles.

Bakugou went for another big punch, but Midoriya seemed to have predicted the move and had jumped to the side, earning praises from the rest of the class from the Observation Room. Bakugou seemed surprised by the dodge, and started glaring again.

Midoriya caught sight of a small twitch of his hands and started running away, making Bakugou yell out in frustration. He managed to escape his field of vision and came to a halt around a corner. He thought to himself about the plan, seemingly lost in thought and memory.

Meanwhile, Uraraka had went towards the room where Iida was protecting the weapon. She peeked around the corner and watched how Iida talked himself into villainy. She snorted at seeing him proclaim himself as the embodiment of evil, making Iida turn to look in her direction.

At finding out she'd been caught, she moved to the middle of the room and looked how he praised himself for emptying the room so she had no possible weapons.

The Heroes communicated over the comms, and Midoriya seemed to be getting ready for an attack. Behind him, the gauntlet Bakugou was wearing glowed red as he pointed his arm at his classmate, who was frozen in place.

"What is that thing?" Sam whispered as he pointed the thing at Deku. "I'm not liking this."

"Young Bakugou, don't!" All Might warned him.

A ginormous blast took over the whole screen, obscuring the vision of the camera's on the hallway they were in.

Sam flinched as the explosion a few buildings away shook the ground under their feet. "Please tell me he dodged..."

A small light of red appeared in the black smoke, and the color disappeared from Sam's face. "He's not going to fire the second one too, right?"

While Iida was distracted by talking to Bakugou, Uraraka saw her chance and took off sprinting towards the weapon. She put her fingers together and took a mighty leap over Iida, who had come running towards her. She floated over him and went straight for the weapon.

She missed in by an inch as Iida took the fake bomb and moved it.

The smoke in the hallway had cleared, showing how Midoriya was ignoring Bakugou and talking to Uraraka. He was getting impatient and started charging again, but All Might told him off for trying again. He threatened with loss but didn't stop the fight.

Bakugou seemed ready to fight hand to hand and went in for an attack, but he hesitated at seeing Deku getting ready for a counter. He shot an explosion below him and gracefully propelled himself over Midoriya, who he blasted in the back.

Midoriya was pushed forward and had to turn around again immediately. He didn't react fast enough and took a right hook. Bakugou grabbed his arm and threw him on the ground.

Danny watched how the class debated about who was stronger. All Might seemed to be having an internal battle with himself. His gaze turned to Sam, who had taken a hold of his arm. "He'll be fine, Sam," he reassured her as he swung an arm around her shoulders.

"You sure man?" Tucker squeaked. "He doesn't seem fine."

Midoriya stood with his back against the outer wall, having a face-off with Bakugou. Words were exchanged, but the class couldn't hear them. Midoriya was getting emotional about things, and Bakugou seemed fed up.

The two charged at each other, minds set on winning.

"Oh my God..."

"They're gonna kill each other! Sir!"

Bakugou charged up an explosion and went in for another right hook. Midoroiya's arm went all glowy with orange and pink lighting again as he too went in for a right hook.

"Both of you, stop!" All Might finally commanded over the comms.

"Uraraka now!"

Said girl grabbed hold of a pillar on the top floor, getting ready for whatever was going to happen.

Bakugou's hand went in the direction of Midoriya's face, while Midoriya's arm suddenly dipped and went back up again. There was an explosion, and an air current going upwards suddenly appeared. The ceiling crumbled an flew upwards, out of the top of the building.

Pieces of glass and debris shot through the air, and Uraraka's pillar suddenly weaved through the air, sending them flying towards Iida. She went for another big leap, and this time, Iida could do nothing about it.

A few floors down, Bakugou stared at the holes in the building with disbelief. He angrily cussed at Midoriya, who tried to deny what Bakugou was saying to him.

The smoke cleared, and the damage done was revealed. Midoriya's right arm was completely bruised, purples and blues scattering across his skin. His other arm was burned, courtesy of Bakugou's explosion.

The other teen was clearly unsettled by Midoriya's little speech, eyes wide and teeth clenched together.

The class seemed in shock as Midoriya fell to to side just after the timer ran out and All Might announced the winners, succumbing to his injuries.