. 2 0 .

Hero Foundational Studies was a class in which students were exposed to training their Quirks, possible problems they would face or entire scenarios they had to assess and overcome. Every single day would have a new exercise in store, switching from battles, to rescue, to sparring.

"Aaand we're doing the same thing."

Sam rolled her eyes at Tucker's exclamation of both boredom and frustration. "It's not the same," she said. "This is sparring with Quirks, mind you."

"And duo's are made by the teacher," Danny grumbled. He was the only one complaining, because he was paired with Bakugou of all people. On one hand, it would be a great opportunity, but on the other, he was at a great disadvantage. Sure, he could pummel the guy if he went full-out, but he couldn't go full out, because he had a cover to maintain. "I can't fight him like this! I have only one thing, and that's "Energy"," he whisper-shouted. He facepalmed as they came to a halt in front of one of the fields. "I'm so stupid."

"You couldn't have done much different," Tucker said in an attempt to make Danny feel better. "Remember what would happen if you revealed yourself."

"Don't wanna think about it, Tuck," he pressed as he watched how Bakugou was eyeing him from the other side of the field. "And please don't act like you're my Pokémon trainer."

"But it's so tempting."

Danny ignored his friends as he stepped into the outlines of the field. Energy, energy. How the hell was he going to fight in here with energy!? The room was too big to "fog up", too small to use big attacks and too crowded to actually use his powers. And he couldn't even use half of those things.

He was stuck.

"Getting nervous, Fenton!?"

Last names, great. Just what he needed. "Don't count on it, Bakugou!" he yelled back, getting in a comfortable position. He could do this. Faux confidence was his forte. He could fool a fifteen year old.

Bakugou raised an amused eyebrow.

Yeah, Danny was screwed.

The funny thing about the U.A. Sparring matches during the training was that there were little rules. No massive attacks, no knock-outs, and so on, but that was it. Being caught doing one of those would result in a heavy punishment...

If you got caught.

Luckily for Danny, All Might had decided he was going to watch this particular match. Bakugou was also limited in his attacks. Somewhere deep down, Danny's thoughts made him believe All Might was giving him payback for their last encounter, but Danny quickly dropped the thought. The man was nice, thoughtful, and not someone to make use of his position to get what he wanted.

And yet here they were. Bakugou in front of him. His friends at the sidelines. Midoriya watching. All Might refereeing. Danny near shaking of stress.

"Begin!"

Oh, he was so dead.

Bakugou put his arms backwards Naruto-style and propelled himself forwards, just like he'd done during the QAT. Danny had predicted the move and dove out of the way, only barely avoiding being blasted to bits. He shot a panicked glance at the sidelines, where Midoriya was muttering strategies —?— and his friends were shooting him panicked looks.

"Tune it down a notch," All Might scolded slightly from the sidelines.

'Please don't turn into rule-abiding Clockwork.' Danny had no time finishing his plea as Bakugou came at him with a right hook. Danny threw his arms up in an 'X' and blocked the majority of the heat coming at him. Manoeuvring his arms out of the grip, he moved them back and shoved Bakugou away from him, creating both time and some space.