. 2 1 .

The doors to Recovery Girl's office were opened by a worried Sam, Tucker trailing behind her, trying to get her to calm down. She stared around the room before her eyes settled on muscle-form All Might. He seemed deep in thought as he stared into one of the closed-off beds, lines of worry on his face and hand on his chin.

"He should be fine soon," Recovery Girl said from somewhere behind the blue curtains. "I have no idea how fast he heals and how, but I'm going to let it pass. Also..." She walked into view and looked at All Might. "Another regular patient! How could you let this happen!?"

"Ah, sorry!" he exclaimed. "I tried to interrupt the explosion but I wasn't fast enough!"

Sam was reminded of Danny, somehow.

"I said I was sorry!"

Bakugou walked out of behind the other curtain, a bandage wrapped around his head. He spotted Sam and Tucker and 'tsk'ed before walking over to them.

"Bakugou."

"Samantha."

"You like playing it dangerous, huh?" Sam said as she crossed her arms and sized Bakugou up. "You do understand I'm not going to forget this anytime soon, right?"

"Noted," he grunted as he pushed past the two. He paused in the doorway.

"And...I'm sorry. For not looking before shooting."

Tucker turned to Sam with a confused expression as the door closed. "He does care."

"Oh, he's a big softie alright," Recovery Girl said as she sat down on her chair. "He's been sitting besides that boy since they got in here, and kept asking questions if he would be fine." She turned the chair to look at the two anxious teens. "But you're not here to listen to me about Bakugou, are you?"

"No, ma'am."

She stared at them with a hard expression before sighing and nodding towards the beds with a small smile. "Go on, then."

Sam was the first to rush past All Might, who was back to his true form, rounding the curtain and coming face-to-face with one of her worst fears yet again. Tucker watched, having moved more slowly, how she settled next to the bed and took one of his bandaged hands in hers. "Man, we're lucky this place has good medics," he muttered to her as he took the chair next to the bed and oversaw the situation. Bandages everywhere, but no tubes, so that was good. He turned to the two heroes, asking, "What's the damage?"

"Burns, mostly," All Might muttered as he slowly itched closer. "His arms were really bad, but it's healing good. Some on his chest as well, but they're nearly all gone. He passed out from pain."

"And Bakugou?"

"He fell on his head from the backlash. Passed out as well, but wasn't hurt as bad. He'll be fine tomorrow."

Sam nodded absentmindedly as she stroked Danny's hair. What was it with him and getting hurt all the time? Sure, back home, he'd be protecting people and getting in fights all the time, but those were Ghosts. This was training. Against a Human. And he wasn't even aware of the danger. He had thought the fight was over. She turned to All Might and Recovery Girl, saying, "The only reason he's here is because of faulty communication and him being literally too strong for his own good. If he hadn't held up that shield for so damn long Bakugou would've broken it and this wouldn't have happened. Turns out being the strongest isn't always best."

"Awww, Sammy. Since when are you such a mushy person?"

Sam turned to Danny, who was sleepily smiling at her. "Since you make it impossible for me to not be mushy. I mean, look at this. This screams mushy."

"Aaahh?"

"Dude, go back to sleep," Tucker said. "You're not making sense. We'll be there when you wake up." He turned to Sam, who was nodding at him.

"...m'kay."

They waited for about a minute before sighing. "That was...surprisingly easy."

"I can only imagine how difficult he can be," Recovery Girl said as she rummaged through the cabinets. She took hold of a small container with pills and handed them to Sam. "Give him these when you get him back home. They should help him sleep better. The poor boy is exhausted."

"I'll try," Sam reassured her before handing them to Tucker, who stuffed them in the pockets of his pants. "He's not too keen on pills, but we'll figure something out."

"You better," Recovery Girl said as she went back to sit on her chair. "Now; it's past school-time, but I'm not seeing you leave without him. You can wait here until he wakes up again."

"Thanks a lot, Recovery Girl."

"Actually," All Might cut in before they could sit in the chairs in the room, "I was wondering if I could have a word with you, Saman— Sam." He pointed at the door with two hands, shuffling on his feet. "In the teachers' lounge?"

Sam glanced at Tucker, who was frowning in confusion, before shrugging and moving towards the door. "Lead the way, I guess." She followed him out of the office, further to the corners of the building before they finally entered the lounge. She spotted Aizawa sitting behind one of the computers, looking tired as ever with a coffee in hand, and Midnight —their art teacher— talking to someone over the phone. All the other teachers must've gone home already —which was unsurprising, since it was nearing 5 already.

"It's about the meeting from last week," All Might explained as they sat down on the office chairs. "Danny rushed off and seemed mad at me."

Sam rolled her eyes at the 'seemed'. "It's just a touchy subject for him. Bad experiences, some sort of...bullying, to call it. Memories he doesn't want to remember. People he wanted to forget. There's a reason we said 'thing', you know."

"I was planning on apologizing to him later, but the circumstance didn't seem fit this morning. I would ask him what I'd done wrong, but...here we are." He cast his eyes downwards under Sam's scrutinize gaze. "...But he won't forgive me that easily, will he?"

She smiled a bit as he seemed to finally comprehend what he'd done. "He'll forgive you. It's just his nature, to forgive people if they've done something to him. But it'll take time. He's under a lot of stress, so... Don't expect him to be all nice again tomorrow."

"Understood. Thank you, Sam."

"He's too selfless for his own good," she continued. "I did a little digging, and you two seem quite like each other. Always at the scene in minutes, even if there's other stuff to do in life. Saving people would be the number one priority, of course, and zero thoughts before jumping in without a proper plan. I'm pretty sure you know where I'm headed." She leaned with her forearms on her knees and stared intensely at the hero in front of him. "He'll see some older version of himself in you, so if you mess up..." she stood from her chair and crossed her arms, looking elsewhere. "He's going to be scared." She pointed at him with a glare. "You mess up, you answer to me, got it?"

Midnight stared at the girl telling off All Might —who was looking very small— before turning to Aizawa, who was actually smiling. "Is that usual for her?"

"Sam?" He turned to Midnight, face back into usual tired look. Like it needed clarification. "Oh she's like that against him all the time. Don't know what for, but I'm sure it's none of our business, Nemuri." He turned back to his computer. "Though it is quite amusing, don't you think?"