. 3 1 .

"So, your Shield is a special move, right?" Midoriya asked the moment they plopped their bags down on the ground. "And the Mist is the main?"

"You're gonna have to explain that one," Danny laughed as he set off in a light jog, Midoriya following behind him. "Wait, let me guess first— So there's a 'standard' thing you can do with your Quirk, and there's a Special Attack, of some sort. So... All Might's special is the Smash?"

"You catch on fast."

Danny shrugged. "I was kind of that person that would analyze...Quirks, back in America."

Midoriya ignored the stress of the word and sheepishly smiled. "Same."

After a good few minutes of running and then stretching, Midoriya grabbed his notebook while Danny stood in the middle of the training ground, Midoriya a few feet away. "I feel like I'm putting on an act," he said as he did a spin and bowed.

"It's not like it's anyone besides me."

Danny hummed in agreement before closing his eyes and focusing on his core. An intricate process, to be fair. He had to access it, and the powers it held, without transforming in front of Midoriya. It wouldn't be a problem if he accidentally transformed while hidden, but a direct audience wouldn't be the best idea. So, holding onto the sensation with basically his mental fingertips, he held up his palm and willed the energy to seep from him into the open air.

Midoriya's jaw fell as a green ball appeared between his hands, and started making notes. Another special move? Or was the Mist a special one? Did Danny even know what his powers were? Could he tell?

Danny looked at the ball with a satisfying smirk. He could finally do it.

"So is this the special or is the Mist that?" Midoriya asked as he inched closer. He pointed at the ball with the edge of his pen to emphasize, "Because that is amazing."

"I'm using things without actually paying attention to what I'm doing, so I wouldn't know."

Midoriya shook his head. "You're telling me you mastered three applications of your Quirk and you don't even know which one is your Special?"

"Pretty much."

Giving Danny an 'are you serious' look as he started throwing the ball of Energy between his hands, he shook his head and asked, "So there's the Mist, the Barrier and the...what do you call it?"

Danny rolled the ball over his palms, contemplating his answer. "We would call it a Plasma Blast, back in Amity." At seeing Midoriya frown, he explained, "I usually throw it at...the target, and then it leaves a trail of energy behind it, and when it hits, it explodes, so..."

"Boom."

Danny finger-gunned him. "Exactly."

Midoriya beamed. "Show me, please?"

 "Show me, please?"