. 2 7 .

"Are you really a Pro?"

Danny mentally rolled his eyes at the obvious question and the obvious answer that would come with it: 'No.' Not while he was stuck as a fourteen-year-old running on nothing but the ramen and energy drink he had greedily taken hours ago. Sam was going to stuff him with all kinds of...greens later.

Should he get home tonight.

No, not going there. He was going to handle the situation like he knew what he was doing and would walk home with Sam and Tucker, and then they'd have dinner and watch a movie. And then they'd all go to bed. Sleep sounded good right about now. Damn, he was tired. He hadn't slept well in a few weeks, ever since they got here. The 'beds' here were weird and he couldn't get used to it.

'Trailing off, idiot,' he scolded himself before trying to focus back on the man.

"Well?" the man pressured, wobbling his gun to emphasize his frustration. "Are you?"

"Yes."

He totally knew what he was doing.

The man visibly swallowed as he cracked his neck before giving Danny his full attention again. "Alright, alright..." he muttered to himself. "No funny business—" he pointed the gun back the employee, who visibly winced and stayed there— "or she dies."

"Hey, big guy, gun on me, okay? Leave her out of it," Danny half-begged and half-demanded. "I can move now, remember?"

"Don't want that," the employee whispered.

Visibly distraught, the man groaned out of stress. "Stop talking, you two. And you..."

"Money," she finished for him before slowly opening the pin holding down the bills, showing she had no intention of making any moves.

She wasn't crazy.

"There's more Pros on the way."

But he was.

Her head snapped to the kid. Danny could almost hear her panic rant and accusation in her widening eyes. 'Are you serious!?

"You're bluffing," the man accused Danny. "You couldn't have called the cops."

Danny had a challenging look on his face. "Sure?"

"You're a teen," the man huffed, though his grip didn't falter. "Teens always lie."

"There's more on the way, though." Danny's head turned to the voice he recognized and absolutely didn't groan aloud as he saw his suspicions confirmed. Bakugou stood near the entrance, one hand in his pocket and the other holding onto the phone, showing the screen. The big red button ending the call was pressed just before he pocketed it and shook his head, slowly walking between the low displays that held the vegetables. "He wasn't lying about that." He came to a halt next to Danny, glaring at the robber with a challenging look.

Danny shot Bakugou a look that screamed 'get out before you screw this situation up and get us killed,' but the gun was already trained on him. Bakugou didn't seem bothered by the death threat and took his hands out his pockets, placing them on his sides. "Bakugou..." Danny grumbled.

The girl was seriously stressing out because of the new variable to the situations and used the moment of inattentiveness from the robber to move around her register.

"I have every right to be here, Nerd Two," Bakugou barked at Danny, who was shooting glances around the store. Where the hell were Sam and Tucker?! And what was the girl up to? What was Bakugou thinking?! Danny glared at Bakugou as he shuffled closer, Bakugou not once meeting his gaze. The robber was fiddling with his hands, muttering to himself as Bakugou whispered, "Relax. Your idiot friends are outside."