. 3 2 .

The middle way.

Easier said than done.

Midoriya frowned in annoyance as he sat at his desk that morning, mentally molding over what Danny had told him.

He was trying too hard? Not what he had said directly, but in Midoriya's mind, it came pretty close to what he'd said. He should be trying harder to not push himself over the edge, and instead create...a platform. To stand on. Not fall to his death.

Sure, 100% was cool and all, but he needed control over the outlet, or he'd break his bones more often than he could count. Maybe...he could try to use less? That was a thing, right? Just...take it easier, focus a whole lot more and have less percent shoot through his bones. Less energy should prevent them from actually shattering in his body, at least. But just how much did he need to 'hold back' on? Consistently? 50%? 25? 10? It'd be not nearly as powerful as a full-powered Smash, but it'd be something...

Something was better than nothing, after all.

But still...

He needed a way to figure out how to regulate it.

And soon.

The Training Grounds seemed peaceful, that afternoon

The Training Grounds seemed peaceful, that afternoon. The two connected buildings in the form of circular cylinders, more often used later in the year, had a bit of a watery sun shining above, and few clouds obscured it from time to time. It was also quiet...

Too quiet.

That's also what Aizawa thought as he sat crouched behind one of the columns holding up the building. The other three had to have planned it all out. But Aizawa and the others knew nothing, so they were waiting.

Not something Present Mic liked doing. He was constantly fidgeting with his headphones and glasses, and Aizawa could swear he put the reverb on his speakers down at one point. He was planning on going easy on the kids.

Aizawa wasn't.

Ectoplasm seemed content with the situation, especially since he was the one that had thought of it in the first place. He'd laid down the ground rules also, and knowing his way around the arena particularly well, he had an advantage over Aizawa and Mic. This was his Training Ground.

Nezu and some of the other teachers (All Might, Recovery Girl, Midnight, and Cementoss) were in the observation room, waiting for the match to begin as well.

Aizawa was feeling nothing in particular about it. Yes, they were his students, but they were also Heroes in their own...world, for the lack of a better word. The only thing that he was feeling weird about was the fact that he'd be monitored while 'fighting', something he wasn't used to. But it'd have to happen.

A quick toot of a horn suggested the beginning of the match, but nobody moved. That was their strategy. Lure them out of hiding instead of walking into a trap.