CHAPTER 7: Nobody Understands!

LANDON

It's been a couple days since the masquerade and the night I met Anna, my human mate.

To be honest, the biggest thing I have against Anna being my mate is not because she's a human meaning she's weak and I'm afraid really of what others may think. It's more along the fact that she's a human and will be more in danger than it will already automatically be for her being my Luna.

I have however, made my decision in the fact that I will not deny her and I don't WANT to deny her as my mate.

I want us to be able to get to know each other and before telling her what I am and what her friends are also, I want her to try and get to know me. So that way when she finds out I'm a werewolf, she can remember who I am. But who knows.

I had just returned this morning back home from being away for the past couple of days to try and make sure that my pack and everyone were on the same page. Even my Beta, Derk, has been taking more shifts late at night around the perimeter than usual since the recent vicious attacks that have been occurring.

When I finished taking a shower and was getting ready to take a nap before hitting up Elliot and the rest of them, I heard my mom call out for me.

So I threw on some sweats and a shirt and made my way downstairs where I saw them standing by the door with several of their bags being taken out to their car.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"There you are sweetie." My mom says as she forces a smile.

"Where you guys going?" I asked worried.

Suddenly my mother started to break down to cry and my dad told her in her ear to wait in the car. As she walked outside, I walked up to my dad and asked what was wrong.

"It's your mother's sister, Aunt Renai. She has been attacked recently by one of the new rogues." He says.

"Is she gonna be okay?" I ask as my heart breaks a little.

I love my aunt Renai and she has been the best aunt in the world not to mention also the coolest and yet sweetest person you will ever know. A lot like my mom really. Which they are like best friends really.

"It doesn't look too good son." My dad hesitated in telling me because he knows what she means to me.

"Should I go with you guys?" I ask.

"No. You need to stay here. Things have been getting bad and I need for you to also let your cousin Elliot and his friends know to stay close by. In fact, they can even stay here. Things are getting too dangerous and their human friend especially needs to be looked after if not, leave." My dad tells me as he looks at me with a cocked eyebrow.

"How did you know she was human?" I asked.

"Really? I could smell her after she stepped into the house the other night." He tells me. "I don't care that she's human, for your mother and I don't judge but you need to make sure that word doesn't get around." He warns me.

I nod my head in agreement.

"Yes Sir." I reply.

"I love you son. Your mother and I both do and we know you can handle this." He says to me.

"I love you both too. How long will you guys be gone?" I asked.

"Not sure. We'll know more in a few days. I'll let you know then." He half smiles.

"Be careful." I tell him.

"You too." He says.

He then turns and leaves towards the car and I look at my mother sitting in the passenger seat not looking up at me. She looks extremely sad as I notice her wiping tears from her eyes and blowing her nose.

I really do hope that my aunt is okay. My aunt lives a few hours from us here in England.

Well I for sure can't take a quick nap like I had hoped to. So instead, I plop onto the couch after pouring myself something to drink and begin taking a little sip of whiskey as I sit there for a moment and start thinking about what I'm gonna do.

I start to feel my phone go off and as I look down at it, I see it's from George.

George and I have been good friends for the last several years and have had each other's back. He's almost like family to us and is around my age as well. He comes from a rich family who were born into money as did he, rather than mine became rich from hard work.

He doesn't fully grasp however, the severity of the situation right now and as happy as I am for him to be having his own club opened and happens to be celebrating his sister's birthday tonight as well, I can't think about going tonight. There's too much that's been added to my plate now.

That's what I thought at least up until I opened the message he sent me with an attachment and it had a short video of Elliot, Rockwell, Giselle, Kavina and Anna all dancing on the dance floor. Then along the bottom of the sent video in the message, it said: SOME people were able to make it. Come out and have fun with us!!

What the hell were they doing there?! I specifically told them not to go out to places like that! NOBODY understands the dangers going on right now, I swear.

I hurry myself upstairs to quickly put some clothes on and try and mind link all of them but can't seem to get neither one to answer. I then try their phones and still nothing. I swear, when I get there, they'll be in so much trouble!

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)

The Masqueradeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें