CHAPTER 34: I'm Not As Afraid Anymore

LANDON

I've had an uneasy feeling since the moment the girls left and regret not going with them. I know the girls are strong and won't allow anything to happen to Anna but still, I've been going out of my mind trying to reach her through mind link for the last half hour and nothing.

While I was going over the plans for tomorrow night with the pack, I suddenly felt a sharp and stabbing pain in my ribs that almost cause me to fall to my knees. Luckily, Elliot and Rockwell both catch me.

"You alright Alpha?" They asked in unison.

"Yeah." I tell them. "I don't know what that was but something is wrong." I tell them.

"What do you mean? Is it the girls?" Elliot asks concerned.

"No, it's Anna." I say.

Then the front door abruptly opens and sprinting quickly inside and out of breath towards us were Kavina and Giselle.

"Alpha!" They both said breathlessly in unison.

They caught their breaths before they continued.

"Someone took her!" Kavina says.

"Who?! How?!" I asked in frustration while ignoring the sharp pain that doesn't seem to be subsiding at all.

"We don't know. We were at the cafe and she got up to go to the bathroom and then when we realized she was taking a while, we went to go and check on her and noticed some guy had her over his shoulder as she looked to be passed out and seemed to be part of Rivers' crew. Alongside him was a woman that looked familiar but we weren't sure in who she was." Kavina finishes.

"What did she look like?" I asked through clenched teeth.

"She had long dark blonde curly hair, her eyes were yellowish gold, she looked to be 5'8, petite." She began to explain and right away, I knew exactly who she was talking about.

"Sheira." Both Arlen and I said under our breaths at the same time.

"You know her?" I snap my head at him.

"Unfortunately, yes." He says looking ashamed and down at the floor.

"How?" I ask clenching my fists and trying to keep myself from beating the shit out of him for not ever mentioning she was in town or that he knew her.

"What's going on? Who the hell is she?!" Giselle asks.

I take in a couple deep breaths and let it out before I explained.

"She's Rivers' girlfriend. Who happens to be a witch. She has helped him 'improve' we'll say, Rivers' father's serum. She has always practiced nothing but dark magic. With both her and him together, they could create something that could kill all humans and destroy...." I stopped myself and then suddenly realized something.

"What is it?" Rockwell asks me.

"We need to go to the council, now!" I tell them. "My parents are there and we need to explain to them as much as they need to explain a few things to us." I say.

"But they won't listen to us. We tried, remember? Plus, your parents, they might be in the middle of being judged and...." Elliot starts explaining until I stop him.

"Trust me, they'll have no other choice but to listen." I tell him. I then look at the rest of the pack. "You all stay here and prepare. We'll be back."

I start making my way outside as does Kavina, Giselle, Arlen, Elliot and Rockwell. We all then get into the car and drive as fast as we can towards the council hall.

Once we arrived, we quickly jumped out and at first, the guards tried to stop us but we made it through them and busted through the double heavy iron doors into the meeting room. There were both my parents standing in the middle holding hands as they faced the entire council room filled with hundreds, including the five Elders.

"And what do we owe the pleasure of your presence?!" The head Elder stated towards me.

"I need to talk with you about a specific issue we are needing some explaining of." I began.

"Stop right there!" He says as he holds up his hand. "If this has anything to do with Rivers and his crew, we are not interested. Now leave, you have already interrupted...." He says and I interrupt him again causing everyone, including my guys to gasp because you NEVER interrupt or disrespect an Elder in particular.

I start walking towards where my parents are but in front of them and face the Elders before addressing the entire room.

"Forgive me Elders, I meant no disrespect, but since when does the council fear others in a sense where they don't help their own kind?! As an Alpha I was trained and taught to help defend our kind along with others because we are one of the strongest and bravest of all kinds. Yet here you guys sit back and allow something to happen that can destroy everything and everyone. I'm not here to ask for your permission to fight Rivers, nor am I asking for help necessarily, but I am asking for you to answer one thing for me." I began.

"And what is that?" The head elder spoke to me.

"Why have you let Sheira out?" I ask the head elder.

In which judging by the looks in response from the other elders, they don't seem to have known about it and also, now the glare I'm getting from the head elder tells me I just revealed a secret.

"You didn't." One of the elders next to him stated.

The head elder keeps his intense glare on me before saying anything.

"I didn't release her. She escaped months ago. I was trying to find her and bring her back to confinement. But I have failed apparently." He says with a look of shame.

"There's something about her that nobody in here knows. She isn't the same age as Rivers. She's really two hundred years old." He states.

"That doesn't make any sense." One of the elders says.

"I know. But it's true. She's really my stepsister that was a witch who practices nothing but black magic. She almost destroyed our kind before but, we had captured her and I ordered to have her hanged. Though before she died, she said something that I didn't know what it meant until later on. She placed a spell that allowed her soul to resurrect when she found the perfect victim. Then many years ago, we finally found her before she was able to create what Rivers has created. So she was locked away until recently. I am truly sorry." He says genuinely.

Everyone stands in silence and in shock not knowing what to say. Now I do feel really bad as I can see how upset he is. However, at the same time, with now knowing this new information, I need his help.

"Sir, we all make mistakes and I'm sure none of us will think different of you if that's what you think. But knowing this, they have my mate. She took her from me a couple hours ago and I feel she's in danger and will be sacrificed tomorrow night at Rivers' big party. I am begging you, please help me. I know I said I wouldn't ask you again but now knowing this about Sheira, please help." I beg while letting tears fall down my face.

It's silent for a moment and the Elders turn around to discuss together what to do, then they turn around and he tells us his answer.

"We'll help you." He says.

For the first time since this whole thing happened, I feel relieved and like we could actually win.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)