CHAPTER 37: The End? Or The Beginning?

ANNA

I slowly opened my eyes and while looking around to see where I was at, I noticed a few older gentlemen standing around who looked familiar but I couldn't figure out who they were. My head felt like it wanted to explode. As I tried to sit up in bed, I put my hand on my head and winced in pain while laying back down.

"Take it easy, Anna." I heard a familiar gentle female voice say.

When I looked over to see who it was, I immediately remembered it was Landon's mother.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Do you remember anything?" She asks me.

"No." I reply. "Where's Giselle, Elliot, Landon and all of them?" I start to panic.

"They're okay. Landon is in recovery." Landon's father says.

"What's happening? Am I in trouble?" I ask as I look at the older gentlemen who I assume are cops of some sort.

"These are the Elders in the wolf council." Landon's dad begins. "They are here to check in on you and...." He stops himself and looks at Landon's mom with sadness.

"What?" I ask.

"Anna, they're going to erase your memory." Landon's mother struggles to say.

"Erase my memory? But why?" I ask. "I don't remember anything." I begin to say.

"It isn't that." She looks up at her husband and then back at me. But before she could say anything, one of the Elders said something instead.

"Anna, I am sorry but Landon, although he saved you among many, he also broke the biggest law. Exposing our kind the way he did, to humans. Some have uploaded videos on social media as you humans call it and now we must try and fix things before they get worse." The older man says.

"But, I don't understand. Why can't I be, I mean, I'm his mate." I tell him.

"We understand but, he broke the law and as the Elders, we must uphold our positions and the laws." He says with regret.

"So everything I went through to becoming this werewolf, his mate, you're going to erase that?" I ask through tears.

"Yes. Along with the memories of your friends." He says.

The man next to him pulls out a syringe and I start to try and struggle.

"We are deeply sorry." He says.

I begin struggling and screaming until I feel the needle penetrate into the side of my head and as everything around me blurs, I see Landon's parents holding each other and tearing up.

************************

LANDON

I woke up in a hospital bed and hooked up to all sorts of things.

I sat up abruptly in my bed as I heard my mate screaming and felt a sharp pain in my head and my chest.

I fell back onto the pillow clutching onto my chest and head and yelled in agony.

Then I heard the door open and in walked Elliot, Rockwell, Giselle and Kavina.

"Are you okay?" Kavina asks me.

"It hurts. My chest and my head. I heard Anna screaming. Is she okay?" I ask worried.

There was silence and as soon as I looked at them, I knew something was wrong.

"Uh...." Giselle began but stopped herself and started balling on Kavina's shoulder.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Alpha, the Elders thought it would be best, if because we exposed ourselves the way we did in anger in front of humans, which went viral after someone filmed on their phone and posted it by the way, they thought it would be best if Anna was no longer one of us." Elliot struggles to say as he fights back tears.

"What do you mean? She's my mate. They can't defy the Moon Goddess." I say through clenched teeth while trying to ignore the pain.

"Alpha, they feel if she has her memory erased, and doesn't remember any of us, they feel they can restore and fix the mess that has happened before humans come and try to hunt us down." Rockwell says.

"I'm not living without her. And where the fuck is Sheira and Rivers?!" I asked.

All of them look at each other and then back at me hesitant in what to say.

"They've escaped after killing the guards last night." Elliot says.

"Unfucking believable." I say with frustration.

"I need to see Anna." I say as I struggle to get up and start ripping out all the things I'm hooked up to.

Then I feel Rockwell and Elliot struggle to hold me down in bed.

"Get the hell off of me!" I yell at them as I continue to struggle.

"Get the nurse!" Giselle yells to Kavina who then runs out and grabs a nurse, then as the nurse runs in with a needle, she injects it into my neck quickly and before everything turns into darkness, the last thing I say is Anna's name and I then hear Elliot say to me, "Don't worry Alpha, everything will be okay."

                             THE END

Okay, so before you all yell at me, I have a gift......It's a sequel!! I have been working on the first couple chapters already and will be posting it in the next few days. Maybe sooner, we'll see! :);) So I love you all and it will be my gift to you all!! :):) How does that sound?

Also, like with all my stories, I never know where they will lead me to and or how they'll end, so with that said, I hope you enjoy the next one and let's see how this whole thing will end. It's possible that there will be no second chances. :(    
But we shall see. :);) I promise though you all will like the sequel. :);)

Sequel is called 'The Aftermath'