CHAPTER 13: Will You Go Out With Me?

LANDON

Wow! I definitely didn't see this gesture coming and I definitely never expected her to get me food. In fact, I should do that for her. However I'm very grateful for the gesture.

While eating, I wanted to avoid any awkward silence so I was getting ready to say something when she beat me to it.

"I don't mean to pry and it's none of my business but who was on the phone?" She asks.

I let out a breath and clear my throat a little to try and fight back some tears.

"It was my father. My aunt is in worse condition than they thought." I tell her before grabbing the soda she brought me and begin to open it up to take a drink from it.

"Oh? I'm sorry. You're really close to her aren't you?" She asks with sympathy in her eyes.

"Yeah. She's like my second mom. We're more like best friends." I admit before taking another bite of food.

"Well I hope she makes it and I'm a good listener if you ever wanna talk." She offers.

I look at her surprised and yet, touched at the same time.

"Thanks." I smile at her.

"You're welcome." She smiles.

We both then continue eating after breaking eye contact and share another brief moment of silence before saying anything.

"So what about your parents?" I ask trying to just make conversation.

"I don't know. I never met them. They both put me up for adoption after I was born and I moved from foster home to foster home until I was thirteen. Then the people who adopted me and raised me, I stayed with them until I was eighteen. Then left." She says in a way that makes it sound there's more to the story that she would rather not talk about.

"Oh. I'm sorry." I say.

"It's okay. I made it on my own." She forces a smile as she takes her last bite.

Once we were both done eating, I sat back and stretched my arms.

"That was really good. Thanks again." I tell her.

"Of course." She smiles again at me.

She next starts to grab my plate as she stands up and I grab her wrist in a gentle way but yet strong enough to get her attention.

"No." I say a little more assertive than I meant to sound. "Sorry, I just meant, I don't want you to leave yet." I confess. "Besides, I'll take care of the trash." I assure her.

She looks at me a little puzzled but then quickly sits down and I hadn't realized that my hand is actually now on top of hers until we're both looking down at it.

I next look at her and she looks at me and we both start leaning in closer towards each other until I can start to feel her breath on my lips waiting for her to stop me but she doesn't as I move in a little closer and gently place my lips onto hers.

My wolf is more excited than ever and I can't believe I am doing this but yet at the same time, I can tell she likes it too since she isn't slapping me or pushing me away. In fact, I even tempt fate a little more and slide my tongue gently towards her lips to ask for entrance to which she allows and our tongues both begin to fight for dominance.

Then we both pull apart a little bit and open our eyes to look at each other as I rub the side of her face with my thumb as she holds the back of my neck.

"I'm sorry. I just..." I began but she stopped me by smashing her lips onto mine and pulling me in closer until she got up and straddled my waist while sitting down on my lap wrapping her arms around my neck as she continued kissing me and then stops and leans her forehead against mine to catch her breath as I grabbed onto her hips.

Holy shit that was hot as fuck the way she just did all that.

"I wanted it too." She says.

We both smile at each other and I take this opportunity to do what I was supposed to do a while ago.

"Anna. Will you go out tomorrow night on a date with me?" I ask her.

"Hell yeah." She smiles.

I laugh a little and then we go back to making out with each other.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)