CHAPTER 35: This Is The End

ANNA

Tonight was the night of the big party and I was the main event. In a little less than an hour, I was to be sacrificed in front of many newcomers to Rivers' sick and twisted crew.

This girl, Sheira, who apparently tricked me and brought me to this awful place is Rivers' girlfriend I had found out.

This is terrible on so many levels that I don't know where to begin. It's funny what life can throw at you and how you deal with them.

I mean look at me. I gave up being a human and became what most humans would consider a mythical creature or a monster even, all for love.

I'm not saying I regret the decision even with what's going to happen to me tonight. Because I fell in love with Landon. No regrets with true love, right?

While I sit here waiting for my death sentence practically, I start thinking about how I got here and even I can't think of an explanation.

I guess these last moments of my life I shouldn't think about the shoulda, coulda, woulda kind of stuff.

One of the worst things to me at this moment is the fact that I am not able to mind link anybody. I can't say goodbye. I can't tell Landon how much I love him. I can't say that to even my friends and thank them genuinely for always being there for me and for bringing me here in the first place.

My thoughts are immediately interrupted when the door to this locked room is opened and standing there in the doorway is one of Rivers' men wearing a black cloak.

"It's time." He says.

I close my eyes and even though Landon or the others can't hear me, I still tell them goodbye.

"I love you." I mind link.

Then I stand up with my hands still tied in front of me together with rope and start walking with him as he escorts me down the hallway.

You're probably wondering why I haven't tried to fight or shift? Well, while knocked out, I found out after waking up afterwards that the bitch injected me with something just below wolfs bane. It just puts your abilities on hold.

I avoid making any eye contact with anyone as I look down at the ground. I can hear the music going in the club on the other side of these walls along with everyone cheering. Little do they know, they're about to all witness a murder. A sadistic, ritualistic sacrifice. Right before they are turned into creatures.

When we get to the end of the hallway and are standing at the door that opens to the stage in the club, I start to feel nauseous and before anything else can happen, I feel a sharp pain in my neck and notice out the corner of my eye, I notice Sheira is grinning at me as she removes the needle of a syringe she just used to inject stuff into me with.

"Consider what I just gave you as a gift." She smirks.

"What the fuck...." Was all I could manage to say before I felt all my limbs go limp and somewhat numb, close to being paralyzed it felt.

Then as I fell, I was immediately caught by the guy who originally walked me down here and now has his hood over his head. Then Sheira does the same with hers and she opens the door and the guy carries me onto the stage through the door.

I may not be able to move or feel anything at the moment but, I feel like the world around me is spinning and everyone seems to have stopped dancing and are now standing, all drunk, watching me being carried, ignoring everyone on stage here is in a black cloak with hoods over their heads.

I feel so out of it, is this even real? Is this just a dream? Why hasn't Landon come for me? I  suddenly start to cry.

Then I feel myself being lowered onto the table they have set up for me with all the guys surrounding the table as Rivers is standing in front of the crowd, addressing everyone after he removes his hood first. I'm being tied to the table and in my mind I'm struggling to try and wriggle myself free, but I can't. No wonder these people think this is entertainment.

This is seriously how I'm gonna die?

"Ladies and gentlemen! My american friends, welcome to my party! I hope you are all having a good time but now it's time for the main event! Tonight you are all going to be receiving a party favor. From me to you. Please, enjoy the show and afterwards, my mates and I here will be giving you your gifts." He grins.

He places his hood back on and I'm already tied up. All lights are out except for all the big candles that are all over the place and the dim lights on the ceiling.

I try to scream but I can't. My voice is just as gone as my strength and abilities and worst of all, since I got here, my wolf is gone.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)