CHAPTER 23: Rivers POV

I was sitting in my chair behind my desk in our hideout that's located underneath a huge building I rented out to use as the perfect place to lure the stupid and pathetic tourists that almost make it too easy to choose in whom to recruit.

"So are we having a party Friday?" One of my guys asks me.

"Yes we are. Friday is the first day of the american's Summer vacation. There will be many to transform and have join our crew and to soon defeat Landon and is pack of dogs." I state.

"Dogs." My guys all laugh.

"You all need to head out now and spread word about our party." I grin.

"Yes Sir." My men tell me and begin heading out.

Right after they close the door, I lock it behind them and walk over towards the hidden vault built-in the wall that's located behind my desk and behind the big painting that's right there.

After opening it up, I take out the few things my father left me that involved the formula for making this whole turning humans into werewolves more permanent.

I was twelve years old when I witnessed my father being savagely shredded from limb to limb by several werewolves.

My father moved us here to England after my mother was killed in a car accident when I was three and he moved us to England where he grew up at. Things never went easy for us.

He was a brilliant man that many admired but most feared after he decided the bullying rate was getting out of hand and the werewolves creatures were increasing by the thousands each year.

My father lived in fear because of them and knew that if he couldn't kill them all then he would find a way to control them. So he created a formula that once injected, it would take not even a minute to begin shifting into a full grown werewolf.

The wolf council apparently found out and destroyed his laboratory along with all the serum, or so they thought. They never knew about his secret stash. So after they left, he took matters into his own hands and thought he'd get back at them all by turning the serum into becoming more aggressive.

Then one night, he was chased by the council's greatest and strongest pack that Landon now leads. His father killed mine and an eye for an eye is the only way to make things right.

What makes all of this even more perfect is the council won't even help him for they fear us. Not to mention his human for a mate thing too. That becomes an advantage to us as well.

While looking over a few things, I hear a knock at the door. Before answering it I look at my watch and realize that my cousin is just in time.

So I quickly put everything back including the painting before letting him inside.

"Arlen!" I greet him with a bro hug."

"Hey cousin." He greets me back.

"Come in." I fell him and shut the door behind him. "Want a beer?"

"Nah, I'm good." He replies.

"Glad you decided to come help out." I tell him.

"Yeah, about that." He begins. "I don't have a good feeling about any of this."

"Are you fucking with me?!" I ask.

"No. You creating all this for revenge is bullshit and won't end well. Besides it doesn't make you any better than the ones that killed your dad." He says.

"You taking their side? Have you become a softy for these dogs?" I ask with distaste. "Or does it have to do with that fat ugly bitch, Anna?!"

"She has nothing to do with this. I'm just saying that I don't want to be part of this bullshit anymore. I don't want to become part of their world. They aren't all beasts or monsters that you have labeled them as. They just try and protect their kind just as we do." He tries to explain.

"I don't fucking believe this. You do realize that you'll lose your chance to ever get Anna back." I point out.

"I already lost her. She's not mine anyways, she's Landon's." He tells me.

"Well that wouldn't have ever happened if you would have just marked her that one day." I tell him.

"Yeah well again, I'm not a monster." He glares at me.

"No. You're a disgrace. Get the hell out of here and don't ever contact me again. As of right now, we aren't even family anymore." I tell him.

"That's fine by me." He says as he stands up and starts heading out the door.

Fuck! He was supposed to help me get more information. Shit, now I have to try and figure out another plan. I wonder what the hell made him change his mind.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)