CHAPTER 14: Can I Be Anymore Of A Dork?!?

ANNA

"I can't believe I agreed to this. What am I thinking?" I say to myself while taking one final look at myself in the mirror after I had just finished getting ready for this date I agreed to go on with Landon.

"You agreed to this because it's time you were with a real man." I hear Giselle say as she comes walking in the room with Kavina.

I turn around and look at them.

"I can't do this. I haven't been on a date in a while and I haven't known him that long. Not to mention he's your boyfriend's cousin." I remind Kavina.

"I know." She replies.

"You look great and we've known Landon a long time. Trust us." Giselle chimes in.

I take in a deep breath and let it out as I try to shake off my nerves. Giselle and Kavina move in for a group hug and then we start heading out to meet up with Landon.

When we get towards the front room next to the front door, I see Landon and the guys standing there talking and then as soon as he see's me, he smiles while looking me up and down causing me to blush.

"You look great." He compliments me.

"Thanks. You don't look so bad yourself." I tease.

He smiles as I walk up to him.

"Ready to go?" He asks while taking my hand.

"Yes." I reply and we start heading out towards the front where we see a vintage London taxi parked right in the driveway.

"I thought you might like to go out in style

"I thought you might like to go out in style." He says close to my ear.

"It's awesome. Wow!" I reply in shock as I continue to look at it.

We start walking over and he holds the door open for me and helps me inside. I scoot over as he gets in next to me and tells the driver to go ahead and drive.

I couldn't believe I was riding in a classic car. Well, to me it is and definitely pure London.

While driving, I was admiring all the houses we were passing along the streets and was enjoying the fact we were on the opposite side of the road than we would be in the United States.

"So I was thinking of taking you to one of my favorite places here." He says.

"Great. This is amazing you know. I mean, you grew up here and I've always wanted to come here cause I love historical things, including victorian. This place must have been amazing to have grown up in." I tell him with much admiration and fascination.

"It was nice. I like calling it my home." He laughs a little.

"What's so funny?" I ask.

"Nothing. You're just like a little kid that is arriving at Disneyland for the first time or something." He smiles.