CHAPTER 30: We Need To Talk.....

LANDON

Before we left, we had gone over the plan and were gonna go over it with everyone at the house but first, before we headed back, I pulled my dad aside to ask him about Anna and her shifting.

"So you know about Rivers and his party coming up." I began to tell him.

"Yes. I've been trying to talk and convince the council to help but they still have turned down the idea. But just so you know, no matter if your mother and I are no longer high in the council for this decision to stand by you through this upcoming fight, it'll be worth everything our kind was made up of. Your mother and I are so proud son." He tells me with a smile.

"Thanks." I smile. "But, now that I've marked  Anna a couple days ago and we aren't sure in when she will connect with her inner wolf and shift, isn't there some way we could possibly speed up the process?" I ask.

"There is..." He hesitates. "But by doing that, you could risk her overall health and mentality. Rushing something like this son, with a human in particular is putting not just yours and everyone's lives at risk, but you're doing the same with hers." He explains.

"But I can't have her not having my abilities in my strength and being able to fight if she needs to and even mind link at least." I began to explain a little bit more of how serious Rivers' true intentions really are.

"I don't know." My dad says.

"Dad?! Rivers wants to sacrifice her in front of hundreds if not more at this party of his. It's more of a ritualistic ceremony. And I can't lose her." I get choked up towards the end.

My dad is quiet for a moment while I try to hold in the tears I feel beginning to form in my eyes.

"Alright son. I'll tell you what, since we don't have much time until his little ceremony, why don't we try and figure out in doing this." He suggests.

I look at him and smile.

"Thanks." I tell him.

"Of course. I know what it's like doing whatever you have to for the one you love." He smiles and next pulls me in for a hug.

After that emotional moment, we all got in the car and started to head back to the house with me, Anna and Arlen in one car while my parents were in another.

They had left a few minutes before us so that I could get us checked out of the hotel. Then me, Arlen and Anna all got in the car and began making our way back to the house.

When we returned back home and while walking up towards the house, I began to feel a little nervous in a way because I didn't know if rather or not my parents told everyone the plan and that Arlen would be helping us out.

Once we walked in, it seemed like everybody had been informed already as I see my parents sitting down at the table and talking to Giselle and them about what I'm sure was about Arlen and the plan with him helping is while staying here.

Everyone looked at us as we stood there waiting for them to say something to us or at least to Arlen. Although I could already tell that by the looks on their faces and their glares towards Arlen that this might not be too good.

Elliot and the rest of them stand up from the table and start to walk towards us.

"I'm sure that the Alpha here already told you but I want you to hear from me as well that if we find out this is all just some kind of a trick, I'll fucking tear you apart and send your body parts to your family." He threatens Arlen.

"Fair enough." Was all Arlen said.

"Alright Elliot. Now that you all know the plan, we're going to need your help with something else." I started to explain while looking at my dad.

"And what's that?!" Giselle asks.

"We're going to speed up Anna's shifting process." I announce and look at Anna who is smiling.

"What?" Kavina says. "But she could...." She began.

"Kavina!" I tell her.

"Alright, sorry." She tells me before leaving the room real upset at me.

"Can we talk?" Anna asks.

Oh my god, what all people in relationships dread or in general really.

"Yeah." I nod and suddenly.start to feel more nervous than I ever have in my life so far as we start making our way upstairs. Maybe she has changed her mind about all of this.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)

Sorry I hadn't posted for this story in the last few days but I had a brainfart and was only able to think of things for the other story but have no fear, I have another chapter for this later on today. :):) enjoy! :):)