CHAPTER 29: I Need To Learn To Be Quiet

ANNA

I'm glad we got our issues resolved and everything last night. After we made love and before we fell asleep we talked things out.

We both have a lot to learn from each other and are both willing to be patient and learn.

We woke up this morning to a loud knocking at our door of the hotel and quickly, Landon woke up and asked me, not TELL me to stay in bed to which I agreed, especially since I was naked anyways and had no idea in where any of my clothes were at at the moment.

He quickly put his boxers on and I watched his sexy ass run to them and put them on then he went towards the door.

"Open up son! We need to talk!" I heard an older man's voice.

"Dad?" I hear Landon say after he answers the door.

What the hell?! His father is here?

"What, no kiss for your mother?" I heard a woman's voice come say.

Oh my god his parents are here and I am naked under these sheets, not to mention the door was opened.

"What are you both doing here?" Landon asks them.

I can hear them start to sniff and can hear them begin to come closer towards our room. I start to panic a little bit seeing as to how I don't want our first intro to each other to be of me naked under the sheets.

It was too late however as I tried running towards the door to close it but tripped on the sheet as I forgot that it was tucked in tight under the mattress.

I heard footsteps enter and Landon come running to my side while I tried to sit up and rubbed the side of my head.

"Baby are you okay?" He asks worried.

"I'm fine." I reply but immediately turn red, I know it, from the embarrassment I feel as I look up and see both of his parents standing in front of us looking at me.

"Are you sure you're alright?" His mother asks me.

"Yeah." I reply with a smile.

"We'll let you both get ready and we will meet you both downstairs for breakfast." His father told us.

"Alright." Landon replies. "Also, if you see Arlen, invite him too." Landon says.

"Of course." They smile before leaving.

"Why did you invite Arlen? Do they know?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I already told them last night before I came back and they like the idea." He smiles.

"Okay. And why the hell did you leave the bedroom door open?" I asked while slapping him on the arm.

"I'm sorry baby. I didn't know it was them." He says.

"So? What if it was burglars or...." I started but he stopped me by slamming his mouth onto mine.

"I've got you my love. Always and forever. Now get up, we need to introduce you properly to my parents who I know are already in love with you from everything I have told them about you already." he smiles as he helps me up off the floor.

"Oh?" I reply.

"Sorry but when we find our mates, we tell our parents." He says.

"Alright." I smile at him.

We both get dressed and then meet his parents downstairs.

When we get there and take a seat at the table they all were sitting at already, along with Arlen, we order and then start talking.

"So, this is the woman that my son was mated with huh?" His mom says with a smile and wink at me.

"Yep!" I reply with a smile and while popping the 'p'.

"You are very beautiful. You look to have strong features too." His mom compliments.

"Thank you. You're very beautiful as well." I return the compliment.

"Not bad for a 150-year old woman eh?" She says.

"You are not." I tell her. .

"I am. That is what you have to look forward to." She tells me.

"Mom, she's still not fully knowledgeable in our kinds yet." Landon comments.

"Well whose fault is that?" She asks sternly towards him.

Landon just rolls his eyes and tries to change the subject but his father beats him to it.

"Alright, anyways." Landon's father began. "Arlen has caught your mother and I up on what you plan to do."

"Yeah. The council doesn't want to help because they're too scared. So I'm handling it my way." Landon tells him.

"Just be careful son." He tells him.

"Of course." Landon replies.

The waiter then places down our food and we all start to eat.

"Oh by the way, how's your sister?" I asked his mom. Right away I wish I never had said that. Why did I? I'm such an idiot. The whole take becomes quiet and as I try and apologize, she stops me.

"It's okay. I was hoping to wait but, I guess it's just as much a good of time as any." His mom blotted her mouth while swallowing the few bites of eggs in her mouth.

We all waited for her to tell us.

"Darling you don't have to." Landon's father told her.

"No. I want to." She tells him. "It's alright." She smiles in assurance to him. "She didn't make it. We found out that somehow she was injected with the serum that this Rivers kid has been giving others to create an army. It affected her badly because she was already born a wolf and then to have that injected into her she, she became someone else.....something else." She finishes as she looks at Landon with pain and sorrow as well as guilt.

I know how much Landon's aunt meant to him. Now I just ruined a perfectly good breakfast and feel like shit. What the hell is wrong with me?!

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)