CHAPTER 36:

LANDON

We arrived at the place and could hear the booming of the loud music playing from inside going and one of Rivers' men was standing outside keeping watch and of course letting certain people come in.

Elliot went ahead and sneaked up behind him and snapped his neck then we all followed after him inside the place.

The place was filled with a lot of people. There was no place to sit or barely move it was so packed.

We all disbursed in different directions to try and find Anna. I knew she had to be here somewhere, although it was really hard to make out her scent.

Then all of a sudden, the music died down and there was silence. That was until I looked up on stage as soon as I heard Rivers address everyone.

I then noticed Anna being taken over towards a table where she was then tied down to. She didn't look like herself. Why isn't she fighting back? Why isn't her wolf helping her?

I guess it didn't matter really since I'm here now.

The lights began to dim and I tried to quietly tell people they needed to leave now because they were in danger. Although they were all too drunk to take me seriously and instead blew me off.

Then I noticed all of Rivers and his men, including Sheira were all standing around Anna. This was it, as much as I didn't want to make a scene and expose our kind like this and scare the shit out of these humans, I had no other choice. Not to mention, I couldn't wait any longer for the council to come even though they were on their way. It would be too late and she'd be dead already, so we have to do something now.

I mind link my pack and tell some of them to try and help get the humans out of here and then told the rest to do whatever means necessary in taking Rivers and his men out.

People were cheering as if this was all some kind of a gag and part of a show or something. They had no idea the danger they were in and that they were about to witness a real sacrifice.

Arlen was nowhere to be found and I was a little worried that maybe he really was playing us for fools this entire time and got us to come here tonight to offer us to Rivers and his men.

Then I saw someone come walking out in a black cloak towards Anna and the rest.

"Oi! What the hell took you so long, Wilson?!" Rivers snapped at the man. "Answer me, since you insist on interrupting!" He snaps at him.

Then something happened that I didn't see coming. The man removed his hood and I saw it was Arlen. Arlen then punched Rivers really hard and quickly all the rest of Rivers' men jumped Arlen and the crowd of course started cheering.

Me and the rest of my pack started running towards the stage and the guys I had asked to help get the Americans out, were trying to. Again though, most of them weren't budging until Rivers was on all fours still on stage and began to shift.

The cracking of his bones echoed throughout the place and next, all the rest of his men injected themselves quickly and began shifting. Then right as soon as Rivers shifted fully, he stood tall, towering over the crowd and began to growl loudly.

It was then that the people finally realized exactly what was happening. The fear and panic started to set in and consume everyone as they all started trying to run towards the doors to get out.

My guys who opened the doors and were helping them remained in human form while the rest of us quickly began to shift and began running after him and his men to stop them from killing anyone.

It took some time and unfortunately, several people ended up being ripped to shreds but we managed to save the rest.

As everyone was trying to run out and leave, my main focus was Rivers. I was going to stop him once and for all. So I had Giselle and Kavina go and help release Anna.

I shifted quickly and was trying to look for Rivers. Then out of nowhere, I get thrown across the room and hit the wall, causing the stone to crack and create a hole.

When I get up and see who did it, I am immediately pushed through the wall harshly by Rivers and slide across the room and quickly get back up.

"I have been waiting for this moment for so long." He mind links me.

"Yeah? For me to kill you?!" I reply.

"The only one leaving here tonight in a body bag is you." He threatens me as we start to circle around while looking at one another.

You wanna keep talking about it or do you want to actually do something about it?!" I challenge him with a grin that exposes my sharp canines.

He then starts to growl at me as I do back at him before we start to sprint and lunge at each other, digging our nails into one another's shoulders as we latch on to one another.

We next start swinging at one another and go at it for a while. 

You could hear between growls and the yelps from the pain we gave each other, the gashes our claws made into one another's skin deeply.

Blood was being shed and staining the old cobblestone flooring that has been here since the late 1800's.

Rivers and I were focused on each other that I paid no attention to around us.

We were slamming each other into the walls among other parts of the place, destroying the entire place.

Until everything suddenly becomes silent after I get hit with a stinging pain on my side and as I fall to the ground, I notice Sheira and Rivers along with the rest of his pack (that are still alive), are scattered all over the place and I can see men from the council along with my parents, running inside before everything around me fades.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)