Two

Three years spent at this godawful school and the only class I could bare to stay focused in was whatever subject Smith was teaching. However, this was slightly hard to do considering the constant stares I was getting from Ariana. It wasn't creepy though because she was also on the receiving end.

To my surprise, the bell rings. It felt like class had just begun and it was already over- but hey, I wasn't complaining.

As people started to get up from their seats, my eyes shifted around the room for Lauren. When the class became too crowded, I grew weary and decided I'd find her later.

"Who are you looking for?" I hear a soft voice from the left side of the room ask. It was Ariana.

"No one" I reply sarcastically "I'm just admiring the classroom" I say as a joke

I could tell my tone of voice caught her by surprise because she immediately turned around and started for the door. Worried that I might've offended her, I quickly follow.

"Hey!" I try my best to shuffle through the crowd and out of the classroom. Only then am I met by the red lockers in the hallway. How the hell could she walk so fast?

As guilt began to settle in my stomach, I slowly walked to my next class. My mind practically spinning with thoughts. Chances are more than likely I made a bad first impression.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

While standing in the lunch line in the cafeteria, I couldn't help but scan the room to see if Ariana was anywhere. Was it bad that I was still thinking about her 4 periods later? Should I have forgotten about the whole incident? Probably. But did I? Nope.

Unfortunately she was nowhere to be seen which made me feel even more like crap.

After grabbing my lunch, I walked over to the same table I'd eaten at the last 3 years with the same 3 people.

"Hey" Lauren starts "Did Smith assign us work or say anything important I should've paid attention to?" She asks while typing aggressively on her phone screen.

"Um.. he didn't really say much" I say while picking up a fry from my tray, examining it and setting it back in it's original spot. Why did I even bother getting lunch from this place? "Were you not paying attention in his class?"

"I was more interested in watching you miserably fail at flirting with the new girl" She says while looking up from her phone.

"Woah" Dylan chimes in "There's a new girl?"

"Her names Ariana" Lauren blurted "Apparently shes from Florida. Lives with her mom and brother. The girls got one hell of a voice too"

I stare at her in shock, slightly creeped out. "H-how did you know all that?"

Lauren laughs at my reaction then leans into the table and whispers "I have special powers"

Dylan and I look at each other, then face her and roll our eyes.

She bursts into laughter "Calm down guys" She pulls out her phone once again "I have 3rd period with her"

"I hope so" Dylan jokes

"When you're done being an ass, I can continue talking" Lauren says with an annoyed smile.

"Well what else did she say?" I ignore Dylan's commentary "Did she seem kind of annoyed? Like maybe not at the world but almost at a person?"

"No idea what you're talkin about cuz" Lauren looks at me with a puzzled expression on her face, then snaps out of it. "Anyway she was sa-"

As I was listening carefully, the last member of our 'unofficial' official crew joined, causing all of our attention to focus on him.