Twenty Nine

1 Week Later

"You're a real idiot" Dylan shakes his head in disbelief, "Know that?" He continues to audibly judge my "poor" choice of words and actions regarding the whole incident with Derek and Ariana during our Thanksgiving dinner.

"She told me that she forgave me" I protested in a low tone.

"And you believe her?"

"I mean, why wouldn't I?"

"I'm going to assume that you lack basic social cues and don't understand the potential damage you have inflicted on your relationship."

"Were not like other couples" My arms fold into one and I find myself growing more and more impatient with him. "We actually communicate our feelings to one another."

"Eh, believe what you want" Dylan eventually grows annoyed of my behavior and gives in, "But the shit you did won't go overlooked. Y/n, what you did, the lying you blatantly did to Ariana has given your relationship room to tolerate lies and dishonesty."

"What part of we fucking talked about it do you not understand. Is your skull that thick?" It was as if I had lost every form of patience my mind instinctively knew to utilize in instances such as these.

"You're pissed, I get it." He shrugs his shoulders in an attempt to sympathize with me, "But if you don't encourage her to express her true thoughts and feelings, then you'll both find yourselves going down a never-ending spiral of discontentment which, overtime, will turn into a slow, burning hatred for one another."

My mind begins to trail off into thought as his words slowly find their way into it. Given his seniority with relationships, surely he had to have some sort of an idea as to what he was talking about.

Although Ariana made it clear that she would no longer mention the incident, ideally these instances are very rarely forgotten and looked past.

If her feelings regarding the incident are not fully addressed now, then she will most definitely make them known in a future argument. And when it comes down to it, I'd rather we talk about them now than a few months from now.

"Should I-"

"Text her?" Dylan interrupts - finishing my question for me before answering it himself, "You'd be stupid not to." He raises an eyebrow at me.

"Mkay," I mumble, "I'm gonna have to kick you out of my room now though because my gf is going to be here soon."

"Have you guys," He raises both his eyebrows at me and a wide grin forms on his face, "Y'know" Dylan then begins to make sexual gestures - holding in his laughter, "Fucked yet?" He eventually blurts out.

My eyes instinctively roll at his question. It was the third time I've been asked this and the answer (unfortunately) remained the same. But obviously I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of knowing that.

"Bye" I attempt to kick him out of my room by pushing him from the back but it seems as though he wasn't going to go without a fight.

"You can trust me." He insists reassuringly while working an evil smirk, "I won't tell anyone."

"Dude. Get. Out."

"A-and if the two of you are down for some fun, I don't know, maybe like a threesome, I'm not opposed to the idea. In fact, I actually support it"

"Ew!" I jokingly pretend to gag, then punch him in the shoulder, "Get the hell out of my room dude."

He turns around to face me once he reaches the door, and his evil smirk turns into a pure intentioned smile. "Alright, alright" His raises his arms slightly above shoulders in surrender, "I'm done."

I let out a sigh in relief,
"Thank you" I purse my lips together and shoot him a pleased smile.

"For what? I hardly did anything" He returns the facial expression I had given him, "Text me how it goes, yeah?"

I instantly nod, causing him to throw an OK sign in my direction before walking away.

My door closes shut and I finding my back up against it - staring at my phone screen, waiting, and searching for the courage to text Ariana.

Eventually, I realize that I had nothing to worry about. Not yet at least.

Me
Hey

Ariana
hii

Me
You think you could come over to my place rn?

Ariana
is something wrong?

Me
Nope. Nothing. I just miss ur face.

Ariana
🤥

Me
Hm?

Ariana
u want me 2 send a pic of my tits or sumthn ?

Me
I want u to come over pls bb

Ariana
hm... okay. be there soon

Me
But if the offer still stands, I wouldn't mind.

Ariana
too late,. byeee