Eight

"I just think it's unfair how I ended up with her" Dylan complains, "Will she even do her part and at least give it some effort?"

I couldn't help but grin. Since I had partnered with Ariana on our project, Lauren was left to fend for herself. My absence resulted in an immediate replacement. I was practically shunned by her, and she had made a vow to never partner with me again out of anger.

"I can't promise you anything when it comes to Lauren" I try sympathizing with him.

Dylan let's out a deep breath and rubs his eyes out of frustration, "Why can't we just switch partners?" He suggests, "It'll be so much easier, plus, maybe I could score it with that new girl. Isn't her name Ariana?" He scratches his head and asks jokingly.

"I don't think that'd be such a good idea" I state before we both come face to face with lunch ladies.

"The second one please" Dylan says while pointing, "For her too" He refers to me. As soon as we get our food, he begins to bombard me with questions.

"Why? Y-you think I did something stupid in front of her?" He asks, worry consuming him. I can't help but giggle at the sight of his state. "Maybe I should be more assertive" He huffs his chest, confidence back in place like it'd never left. "Do you have her number? I'm going to text her"

"You sure you wanna do that?" I laugh

"I mean, I know she's interested in me. I can feel this attraction between us." We then begin to walk towards our lunch table. "Besides," He shrugs his shoulder, implying that the situation was no longer in his control, "Were two attractive people, we have to be together, it's an unwritten rule y/n"

"Wow. I've never met anyone more self absorbed" I roll my eyes. I've decided not to tell him. I think it'll be much more enjoyable to watch him get rejected by Ariana and see his ego get destroyed than tell him straight up that I was seeing the girl. I loved the guy but he had a little too much confidence when it came to girls. I'm more than sure he's pressured a few into doing things for him. He's just that kind of guy, rarely takes no for an answer.

When we reached the table, Lauren was already seated.

"Yeah, whatever" Dylan says while taking a seat beside Lauren, "But do you think you could still get me her number?" He asks me.

Relationship talk was Lauren's favorite kind of conversation to have, which results in her jumping into any conversation between just about anyone.

"Who?!" Lauren asks, setting her phone down. "Dylan has a crush?" She looks at him mischievously, as if she had discovered a dirty little secret. "Who's the poor girl? Let me know when you plan on making a move so I can warn her" She laughs.

"Ha, ha" Dylan hisses, "You're a real comedian Laur. But news flash, this doesn't concern you" He rolls his eyes jokingly, "Anyway" He then turns to me. "Give me her number"

"Are you sure you want it?" I tease.

He rolls his eyes, "Yes, my god y/n, how many times do I have to ask you? Give me Ariana's number!"

"Uh" Lauren shoots a confused look at me, confirming she understood what he said correctly, "Ariana? She's talking to y/n" She chuckles.

Dylan scoffs in disbelief, "Yeah, okay sure." He laughs.

Although I was upset that Lauren had told him, his reaction and questioning of the credibility is what angered me more.

"Why is it so hard to believe that she takes an interest in me?"

"No offense y/n, but she's hot" He takes a deep breath before finishing his sentence, "And you're not"

"Dick" I mutter under my breath loud enough for him to hear.