Nineteen

I stare at her for a moment - my body now frozen - as the warmth of her house was slowly radiating towards me, "I-I-I have to tell you something " I blurt out.

She laughs at my state and shakes her head in disbelief, "You can tell me inside crazy", her soft laugh caused me to grow stiff.

I feel her hand grip my arm and tug at it - motioning for me to come inside. The only problem is, my body was now frozen and I couldn't feel my legs.

When she takes notice of this, both of her hands wrap around my forearm and I'm practically dragged inside.

"Holy shit" Ariana mutters under her breath, "Your lips are blue" Her hand was now rested on my cheek as she stared at it in shock.

I clear my throat and decide to test my vocal ability, "I-I want t-"

"Shut up real quick" She interrupts me by running as fast as she can up the stairs - her hand tightly gripping mine.

When we reach her room, she opens the door - granting me permission to go in.

"Stay here, I'll be right back" I hear her voice trail off as I walk in her room - making my way towards her bed.

A pendulum of guilt rushes at me when I notice that her chemistry book and a few other textbooks are laid out on the bed. Clearly I interrupted her study session, clearly.

I felt like I was intruding.

Maybe rushing over here and developing hypothermia on the way was a bad idea.

After all, it was around 7pm on a Sunday.

I could've waited till tomorrow, this wasn't as crucial of a matter as I was making it out to be.

When I feel the blood begin to flow through my body once again, I manage to get up and try to leave.

"You're not going anywhere" A voice punctures the walls. I look up to face a worried Ariana who was now holding a few blankets to her chest.

"Ariana, I-I'm fine now, really" I chuckle, slightly embarrassed. I felt like she was my mother, "It's okay"

"No" Her tone was sharp and demanding. I felt scared yet oddly turned on, "Sit", I obliged and returned back to my seat.

I silently sat on her bed as she began to wrap the blankets over my shoulder. Layer after layer, I felt my body ease down and finally reach the normal temperature it should've been at.

"You're crazy" She rolls her eyes at me, "Know that?"

"Only for you" The words accidentally slip out of my mouth - I was so sure I'd said that in my head.

She stares at me, in awe with my response, "What did you say?"

I took a deep breath, slowly finding the courage to admit my feelings,

"I think I love you too"

Our eyes instantly meet and the dimple on her cheek suddenly appears as she shoots me a heartfelt smile.

"You do?" Her eyebrows raise in disbelief and I nod my head at her question - causing both of us to laugh. We had both been swept up by our emotions and didn't know how to react.

"This is amazing. I-I don't know what to say" A nervous giggle escapes her lips and she looks the opposite direction from me - overcome with joy, "But maybe you shouldn't" The tone in her voice changes, causing it to crack, "I don't deserve your love after what I put you through. H-how are you even sure that you feel this way about me?"

I immediately shake my head - baffled by the inaccuracy of her claim , "Stop. It's fine" I assure her, "I forgive you for what you did, and I-I'm pretty sure I love you because I think about you like all the-"