Nine

After the incident, I hadn't talked to Ariana in what seemed to feel like a month but was actually a week. She'd glance at me from time to time in first period, but aside from that, nothing.

She ended up switching partners and left me all alone for our class project. So much for dopamine, I thought.

I couldn't even begin to describe the amount of pain I was in. I felt as though my life served no purpose, now that Ariana made it evident she didn't want me in hers anymore. I felt empty.

As soon as I got the chance, I ran up to Dylan and punched him as hard as I could in the shoulder. I knew it wasn't directly his fault, but I just needed someone to blame.

He apologized and I started talking to him again a few days afterwards. But no matter how much he tried to explain to Ariana, she wouldn't give him the light of day.

Everything was useless at this point. I'd be grateful if she even considered being my friend again, I just didn't want her out of my life, I didn't care about anything else.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Doesn't seem like a good idea" Lauren says with her hands gripping the steering wheel tightly.

"I have to talk to her" I explain, "She's too important for me to give up on. I like her too much"

"And you're sure that she'll let you explain yourself?" Lauren asks while glancing over at me before turning her focus back on the road.

"I guess I'll have to find out" I mutter under my breath. "Take a left turn here" I point out in the window.

I was driving to Ariana's place. And sure it may sound slightly pathetic, but I had to see her. A week of not hearing her soft, angelic voice or her hearty laugh was all too much.

After all, I was "her girl". I couldn't give up so easily just because of some stupid competition Dylan and I had.

"Stop right here" I yell, scared that Lauren would move the car any further from the house. "This is it" I say while locking my phone and turning to face her. "How do I look?"

Lauren rolls her eyes, "Who says she'll even look your way?" She laughs

"You're right" I mutter, my confidence completely shattered. "Just turn around, let's go home. I should've never came"

"Oh my god" Lauren chuckles, "There's no way in hell were going back. I didn't drive all the way here for nothing"

"Then you should've let me fucking drive" I yell, suddenly out of patience. "When do you ever let me drive your stupid car? You're beyond selfish, the only person you care about is yourself." Could've been the stress and pressure I was under, but I was fuming with anger and let it all out on Lauren.

"Get out"

"No." I shake my head.

"I'm serious. Get out of my car if you think I'm so selfish"

"Laur" I start, but immediately get shut down.

"Get out of my car or I'll text Ariana saying you're in front of her house" She threatens.

"You wouldn't"

"But I would" Lauren smiles while taking out her phone, "Be careful with your words y/n"

"You're such a bitch" I mutter under my breath before opening the car door. If looks could kill, Lauren would've been dead 5 minutes ago. "Just wait till I get home"

"I'm doing this for you, think about it." She rolls down her window, "Promise I only have the best intentions. Without me, you wouldn't have half the things in your life you do right now. Now quit being a baby." She lets the last part slip out before driving off- not letting me respond.