Three

"Big deal she gave you her number" Lauren says while opening the door to the pantry. "I have it too" When she finds a bag of chips to her satisfaction, she grabs it and makes her way towards the couch as I follow.

"I know, but like, you weren't there." I struggled to explain "You didn't see how close she sat next to me" Trying to put all of my thoughts together, my eyes shift around the room. "Sh-she called me cute and even put her hand on my thigh" I yell when I realize she isn't paying much attention.

"Who put their hand on your thigh young lady?"

As I slowly turn to face my mother, I feel my soul leave my body.

"Um" I stammered with my thoughts "I-"

"Me" Lauren lifts her head up from her phone screen, then gently sets her hand on my thigh. "See?" She shoots an intimidating smile at my mom, ready to defend me.

"Hmm.." My mom looks at the two of us with her arms folded, thinking. "I'll tell you what. You both help me with these groceries and we'll forget I ever heard this conversation"

Lauren and I glance at eachother, then shrug our shoulders and make our way towards the kitchen.

"So how was your first day?" My mom asks.

"Same as the last three. Stupid, boring, and unnecessarily long" I reply

"Speak for yourself" Lauren says "My first day was great!" She bragged.

"Yeah" I roll my eyes "That's because you were buried into your phone the entire time." I laugh as I turn to my mom "She may have been there physically, but mentally, she was in a completely different dimension" I joke "Somewhere in a galaxy, far, far away from here" I rest my arm around my moms shoulder and wave my other hand in the air at the ceiling.

"Shut up y/n!" Lauren punches my arm

"But it's true!" I shout as I watch her face slowly turn red. "She was too busy stalking Jason's Instagram feed- fantasizing about him." I then quickly hide behind my mom when her hands begin to form in the shape of fists.

"I swear y/n" She grits her teeth while shooting me a death glare. "You have about three seconds to run before I murder you with a kitchen knife"

I laugh at her threat, but when she begins to countdown, I sprint as fast as I can to the dinner table.

As expected, she runs after me. Normally I could outrun her, but considering the tight space we were in, there wasn't much room for me to move around.

"Y/n. Lauren" My mom calls out from the kitchen, completely ignoring my screams. Mother of the year award goes to..."What happened to helping me with these groceries?" She complains.

"I'm about to get murdered and the only thing you can think about are your stupid groceries?!" I scream while running back into the kitchen, standing in the middle of the island.

An out of breath Lauren finally catches up to me and puts her hands around my neck, attempting to choke me. I jokingly scream for help.

"That's enough you two" My dad says as he walks into the kitchen. "Both of you act your age" He then walks over to my mom and plants a kiss on her cheek.

"S-sorry" Lauren and I apologize.

Out of breathe and exhausted, we both make a truce and actually begin to help my mom.

"How was practice y/n? Did you make any new friends?" My dad takes a seat on the couch, resting his legs on the table.

"Dad" I look at him, annoyed "What kind of question is that? I'm not in the 3rd grade"