Chapter 3

Dean's POV

I sit in the nurse's room waiting for the boy, Castiel, to wake up. He has bruises everywhere, some look fresher than others. The swelling on his mouth has gone down so he will be able to talk when he wakes up.

Castiel wakes up after 20 minutes, wearing a confused look on his face.

"Hey how you feeling?"

"Uhm...okay i guess. Who are you?"

I chuckle at his confused expression, it's so cute. I mentally slap myself, i should not be finding another male cute, or hot, or even a bit attractive. What is wrong with me?

"Dean, i'm new here."

He stares at me so i decide to go on.

"I saw some people dragging you so i followed them and then...well you know".

Castiel is quiet for a moment.

"Oh...that was you. Uhm..Thank you for that..."

He tries to smile and i involuntary blush, i can't help it.

Castiel's POV

Dean, the boy that saved me is sitting next to me, i thank him for what he did and i could have sworn i saw him blush. I push the thought away, now's not the time to be thinking about this. I take a closer look at Dean, his short hair and insanely beautiful green eyes. He catches me staring and i look away. Great, now he thinks i'm a creep.

"So Cas...Is it okay if i call you that".

Cas. I like the sound of that. I smile a bit and nod.

"Why were they beating you up?"

I look at him, his smile gives me courage to tell him the truth.

"That was Crowley and his group, they basically rule the school and they also have their own rules. According to their rules a 'man can't find another man attractive' " I quote Crowley from when he first punched me after the school found out i was gay. I look at Dean for some sort of answer but he just looks at me confused.

"Wait what does that....Oh....right, i'm sorry i didn't know you..."

"It's okay" I interrup him.

I get up from the bed, leaning a bit on Dean for support.

"Taking it easy Cas, they beat you up pretty badly".

I smile a bit, he seems to be genuinely concerned about me.

"I've had worse Dean, thank you for helping me i can walk from here."

Dean's POV

I watch Cas limping his way to his class, i'm amazed at the strengh that boy has. I walk to the office to get my timatable. Science, first day at school couldn't be better. I find the lab i'm in, interrupting the teacher and not bothering to apologise. Everyone stares at me while i make my way to the back of the class. I notice a boy in a treanch coat leaning his head on the table, i hope he doesn't mind if i sit next to him.

Half a lesson later and Cas hasn't moved yet. Science is so boring! I start poking Cas to entertain myself. His eyes snap open and my heart flutters, i could get lost in his blue eyes.

"Oh, hi Dean". He says quietly.

"How are you feeling?"

"Better"

He seems shy, but interesting. I've never met anyone like him before. I want to get to know him better but he doesn't seem to want to open up to me, maybe it's because of the people around. He might open up to me if we talk outside of school.

"Do you like ice cream?"

Cas looks at me, a bit surprised at the question.

"Yeah..i guess"

"Awesome, wanna get some after school? I found a good gelato place not far from here".

Please say yes. Please say yes. I silently pray.

"Sure."

I feel myself smiling. Why am i so exited to have gelato with a guy i just met? Is this a date? What am i thinking?? Just because he told me he's gay does't mean he likes me. And besides, i like girls, i'm straight.