Chapter 7

Dean's POV

Things got awkward after Sam caught us so we decided to head home.

In the car.

"So are you and Cas a thing now?" Sammy asks, smirking.

"Shut up Sammy". But I smile a bit, glad he accepts me. If dad ever finds out, I don't even want to think of what will happen.

"Don't tell dad"

"I know Dean"

I ruffle his hair and thank him. He's the best brother anyone could ever wish for.

Castiel's POV

Dean and Sam left, I have so many questions running through my head. What did that kiss mean? Does Dean like me? I can't wait untill Monday to find out, I decide to follow their car hoping Dean doesn't drive too fast.

I walk behind the Impala and see it turn a corner, I follow them and see them stop next to a house not too far from the school, only about 10 minutes. The house looks abandoned and very old, how do they live there? Dean and Sam get out of the car and walk home. I didn't plan this through. Do I knock on their door and ask to talk to Dean? What if their dad is home? I decide to come back tomorrow, hope they'll be home. I look at my clock and notice I should have been home by now. I start running home, not wanting to get in Michael' way, not today.

At home

I open the door as quietly as I can and see a figure standing in the way.

"And what time do you call this, Castiel?"

Oh no. He used my full name, he's drunk and he's angry. The cuts and bruises from last time haven't healed yet, I guess I'll have more tonight.

I lower my head. "Sorry Michael, I had to get some books from the-". I stop talking when I feel his fist slam in my face. Then he starts yelling.

"I DONT CARE WHAT YOU HAD TO DO, IF YOU WANT TO DO SOMETHING YOU FIRST ASK MY PERMISSION. WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU WOULD COME LATE? YOU ARE SUCH A PATHETIC LITTLE BRAT, YOU DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE". His shouts are accompanied with punches and kicks, he is getting angrier and angrier. And he takes it out on me. His words hurt me, like they always do. But this time I start to believe him. With each blow I feel more blood on my face. I'm just glad it isn't a school day tomorrow, I can't let Dean see me like this. I get so lost in my thoughts that I don't realise Michael leaving to his room, leaving me bloody on the floor, again. I try to stand up but fall. Two strong arms hold me up next time I try to stand.

"Come on, let's get you to your room Cassie".

I'm glad to hear Gabriel's voice. He instantly makes me feel a little bit better.

Dean's POV

I lay in my bed, unable to sleep so I think about the day's events. I kissed Cas. And he kissed me back. Cas likes me. Maybe I should ask him out on a date. Yeah why not? I'll do that tomorrow. I smile, happy that I resolved things with Cas. I feel myself falling asleep, and everything feels normal for once.