Chapter 5

Dean's POV

I drove all night, not looking or caring where I'm going.

I decide to head home at about 1 am. I park baby but don't get out because I instantly fall asleep.

The next day.

"Wake up Dean, do you want some breakfast?" I wake up to Sammy asking if I want breakfast, why can't this happen everyday?

"Morning Sammy". I feel okay, but something tells me it isn't. Yesterday's events come back to my memory and I suddenly don't want to go to school. What am I supposed to say to Cas? "Hey Cas, remeber our date yesterday? That was my first date with a guy and by the way you're really cute". Ha Ha. I wanna die.

I walk home and sit at the table, dad walks in.

"Hey dad what's the rush?"

"We gathered a few hunters that are in the area, we're going to the nest tonight so I won't be coming home for a while." He then looks at me and adds "Don't get in trouble. "

I nod and finish my cereal.

"Come on Dean, you're so slow today. We have school remeber?"

"Yeah let's go".

Im kind of jealous of Sammy, he likes school and he wants to go to school. I wish I could feel the same way.

We get to school and Sam rushes out of baby.

"Bye Sammy" I say, although he is already too far to hear me.

I hear a knock on the other side of baby and see Cas awkwardly standing next to the passenger door.

I sigh and walk out.

"Hey Cas..about yesterday..."

"I understand Dean. And I wanted to say I'm sorry that I made your feelings confused, I'll get out of your way."

What just happened? Maybe it's for the best. But I want to be friends with Cas. No. I want to be more than friends with him. Ugh, stupid feelings.

I look at my timetable, Science first. Again. And to top it off, Cas is in the same class.

Castiel's POV

I told Dean that I would stay out of his way. As much as I liked him, I could see yesterday how confused he was about his feelings, and besides , I can't afford to get close to anyone. Not ever again. What was I thinking? That I could actually have a friend with Michael suspecting more than friendship involved? I like Dean, a lot. But I barely know him, and I can't afford risking his life if Michael finds out, he'd beat the crap out of Dean and then probably kill me.

I walk to Science class, there's barely anyone there. I sit at my usual seat and wait for people to fill the room. I hear someone sit next to me. Dean? I peak at the seat next to me. Dean.

Dean's POV

I sit next to Cas, because as hard as I tried to sit away from him, I can't. I look at Cas and catch him looking at me.

"Is it okay if I sit here?" I ask, he doesn't seem to happy about sharing the desk with me.

"Umm...I would prefer to sit alone, sorry Dean".

Outch. His words hurt me, and trust me, words don't usually hurt me. But hearing Cas say he doesn't want me next to him. That hurt. I get up and move as far away from him as I can. I'll never speak to him again, he made his point. He doesn't want me around.