Chapter 18

Castiel's POV

Dean's been in hospital for over a day now, they said he lost a lot of blood and the chances of him getting better were low. But he's getting better, even if it hasn't been long. I sit on a chair next to Dean and hold his cold hand. This wasn't supposed to happen. We were going to buy an apartment and live together away from the world. How did it come to this? John has been a dick to me since we got to the hospital.  He blames this on me, that it's all my fault his son is this way. I don't know if he means the fact that he's in hospital or that he's gay. He doesn't really seem to care about Dean. Why does he care if he's straight or not?

~Day 2~

A kock on the door snaps me awake. I fell asleep with my head on Dean's bed and my neck is sore now. I turn around to see Gabriel standing in the doorway.

"Gabe?"

"Heyo Cassie."

He's really here! I haven't seen him since I ran away, I didn't realise how much I missed him. I run over to where Gabe is standing and hug him. I hug him tight and hold on for a few seconds.

"Okay Cassie you can let go now."

"Heh, yeah sorry. So why are you here?"

"Dude! Dean is all over the news and I thought something happened to you too."

"Dean's on the news?"

"'Three psychopaths torture teenager'. Yeah it's on every channel, I'd avoid the journalists if I were you."

"Yeah I know."

We are both quiet for a moment and I go back to my seat next to Dean.

"How is Michael?"

"The same."

"How did he let you come here by yourself? "

"Well...he kinda kicked me out..."

I stare at him. I can only imagine what he did, his nickname is the trickster after all.

"What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything! He caught me with a guy..."

"Oh. Were you and him..."

"No, no he's not my boyfriend it was just a one time thing!"

"Mhmm. Sure it was."

We both laugh and he grabs another chair and sits next to me. I suspected he was gay for a while but I avoided bringing up the subject, he would tell me in his own time and he did.We sit in silence and  spend the next 20 minutes like this before he goes to the bathroom.  I'm left alone with Dean, why won't you wake up? I need you! Tears run down my cheecks as I think of Dean never waking up again. I can't do it without him. I lay my head on the bed and hold his hand in mine. I start sobbing, why can't I stop?

"...Cas?" I hear a low voice,  almost a whisper. I look up to meet the beautiful green eyes which I've missed so much. They're not as bright as they used to be but they're still Dean's.

Dean's POV

"Dean? Oh my god Dean." Cas wraps his arms around me and I wince as his hand brushes over my stitches.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry..."

"Cas. Cas it's okay, I'm okay."

I look at Cas' s beautiful blue eyes and for a moment forget the throbbing pain in my stomach and arms where I have deep cuts. The pain comes back and breathing is becoming a bit hard. So much pain. In all my life as a hunter I've never been hurt this badly.  I snap out of my thoughts as I feel soft lips on mine. I instantly kiss back. I've missed those lips. I feel Cas' s hand on the back of my neck, closing the space between us and I push my toungue into his mouth. I let out a small moan and surprise myself. Cas is the one who moans all time, not me. Oh fuck it. I move my tongue against his and we stay like that for a few minutes. This feels so perfect,  this feels right.

"You're awake." A dry, gruff voice breaks the mood and I open my eyes to see an anamused dad with his hands folded. Whoops. I pull away from Cas and I can clearly see the embarrassment on his face. Why is he so cute when he's embarrassed?

"Nice to see you too dad."

His expression doesn't change.

"I want to have a word with you. Alone."

"If you want to tell me something, you'll have to say it in front of Cas too."

I hold Cas' s hand to reassure him.

"Whatever. Listen, I don't like you having a boyfriend.  It's wrong. You're wrong. And I can't fix you. You're not my son anymore. I don't want to ever see you again. "

He then looks over to Cas and says "I hope you're proud of what you've done."

I always wanted dad to be proud of me. I did everything he told me to and never asked for anything. And now that I ask him to accept the person I love, he doesn't.  What an asshole.

He turns to leave and just before walking out I say

"I love him dad. And there's nothing you can do to change that."

He looks at me and without saying another word and leaves.

~6 days later, still Dean's POV~

Today I can finally leave the hospital.  So many doctors,  so many needles and pills. I just want to go home with Cas. He told me that Gabriel also got kicked out and is renting and apartment somewhere close by. He seems happy about having his brother near him. Sammy has also bought an apartment near the school and is sharing it with Jess, he came to see me a couple of times but he says he has exams so I told him not to come anymore. I look at myself in the mirror that hangs in the hospital room and notice all the stiches and bruises on my body. I look awful. Cas walks in with a plastic bag in his hand.

"Hey, what did you get?"

"Your favourite.  Pie!"

He opens the bag to reveal an apple pie.

"This is why I love you".

He chuckles and holds my hand.

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah let's go."

We walk out of the hospital and immediately stop. Every journalist that has gathered at the entrance looks over to us and all the cameras start filming. I completely forgot im on the news.

A red headed girl comes close to us with a microphone and starts asking us questions. "Did you know those people? How long were you helo hosdage for? Who found you?"

"Uhm..No I didn't know them and I have no idea how long I was there for. It felt like years to be honest and well, my dad, brother and my boyfriend,  Cas found me." I look over to Cas when I mentioned his name, he's blushing.

She then asks a few more questions before the leave us alone. I make sure I hold Cas' s hand the whole time. I want the world to know that this perfect human being is mine.  We walk back to the hotel and collapse on our bed, forgetting the pie. It's been a long week.