Chapter 20

Castiel's POV

It took the firefighters about 4 hours to stop the fire, after that police and journalists came. Paramedics came out of Sam's apartment with a body bag. He starts crying again. I look over to Gabe and he's looking at Sam weirdly, like it's the first time he's really seen Sam. I'll ask him about it later. After the police were sure that the fire was caused by accident, they left leaving us alone with a big crowd of journalists. I'll be on the news again, always in the middle of something bad. The big crowd pulls me away from Dean,  let the questions begin.

Dean's POV

This is terrible, Sammy is devastated and I don't know how to make him feel better, I can't let him stay in my apartment because it's too small but Gabriel....

"Hey Gabe?"

"Yeah"

"Can Sam stay with you for a few days? Untill we find somewhere else for him to live."

"Sure, no problem. "

One problem solved. I nudge Sammy who fell asleep on my shoulder,  his face stained in tears and eyes red and puffy.

"Gabriel said you can stay with him, let's go."

He nods and we slowly walk back into the apartment block. I stop and turn around to look fot Cas, I see him talking into the camera and soon running off in my direction.

"I hate journalists". Cas says, a bit out of breath from running.

I hold his hand and we follow Sammy and Gabriel.

I lay next to Cas and suddenly remember the ring I bought for him. This is a really bad time to propose though. I'll wait a few weeks, I hope he says yes. What if he doesn't want to get married? What if he just wants to be my boyfriend and nothing more. I shut my eyes and open them again to look at Cas's peaceful face. Please say yes.

~ Two weeks later, still Dean's POV~

Sammy and Gabriel are still living together, they've become best friends and I don't think he'll be moving away any time soon. And that's okay with me, Sammy looks a lot happier and that makes me happy. I decide to take the day off from work, lying to Cas saying I don't feel good. Tonight I'm going to propose. I need this night to be special. I go out and buy flowers, chocolates and more candles. Last time I lighted candles we ended up having fun. I'm counting on that to happen again.

I check the time, 8pm. Cas will be finishing work soon. I open the box and close it again. I look around the room and everything seems perfect.  There's a lot more candles than last time, it looks so romantic. The door opens and a tired looking Cas walks in.

"Hey, you're early." Cas hasn't looked up.

"Yeah, Ellen said that Jo is grounded and has to do double the work that she already does so she let me-"

He stops talking as he realises that I'm about to do something.

"Dean? Didn't you already thank me last time?"

"Cas..." I walk up to him and got on one knee. "Will you marry me?"

Castiel's POV

Marry Dean? I had to use all my willpower not to scream yes at him and kiss him. So instead I hold his hand and when he's standing up again I kiss him and whisper "Of course Dean". I hear a sigh let out from Dean, did he think I'd say no? He gently takes my hand and puts a beautiful ring with an  emerald stone on my finger.

"It's beautiful Dean, thank you."

He chuckles. "I'm glad you like it."

"I love it.  And I love you."

He smiles and hugs me.

"I love you too baby".

We hold each other for a few minutes and Dean pulls away.

"I wanna show you something but you have to put a blindfold on."

"Okay, sure."

This sounds a bit suspicious but I trust Dean, and he did just propose...

We get to the impala and I put my blindfold on. I hear the engine turn on and I sit in darkness for 10 minutes.

"Okay, we're here."

I take the blindfold off and let my eyes adjust to the dim light. Dean opens the door for me and helps me out. We're at the edge of a cliff, at safe distance, and the view is beautiful. It's sunset and the oranges and pinks in the sky seem like a painting.

"Isn't it beautiful? "

"It is. Today is perfect Dean, thank you."

We look at each other before he walks closer to me and puts a hand on my neck. We slowly lean in and I feel his lips on mine, the kiss soft and passionate. I can't believe I'm marrying Dean. It all seems like a dream and I don't ever want to wake up. We pull away and sit on the grass, admiring the last colors the sunset shows before dissapering into darkness. I yawn and feel my eyelids grow heavy.

"You tired?"

"Yeah, it's been a big day."

He chuckles. "I know, let's go back and tomorrow we can make plans for the wedding."

I nod,  feeling that I have no strength to even talk. I don't make it to the apartment because I fall asleep in the car with Dean's hand on my shoulder and Led Zeppelin blasting through the stereo.