Chapter 14

Dean's POV

We've been on the bus for over 3 hours and every few minutes I look around to make sure dad isn't close by. Everything will be different now that we'll all be living together, Sammy still wants to go to school so we'll have to find a house or an apartment somewhere near a school but still be careful, dad isn't going to stop looking for us. I hope he never finds us. I look over to Cas who is asleep, his head on my shoulder and his mouth a bit open. He's so cute. I move some hair from his face and accidentally wake him up.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." I say, giving an apologetic smile.

Castiel's POV

I was dreaming that me and Dean found a house somewhere in the woods, far away from all the people. Things were getting a bit intimate when I felt something on my face. I wake up to see Dean apologising for waking me up. I look out the window, I've never seen these shops before, we must be really far away now. We pass a bar named "Raven's Nest" and I remember Dean's dad saying something about a nest, I was planning on asking Dean about it but with all that's happened, I forgot to.

"Uh Dean?"

"Yeah?"

"What did your dad mean when he said he found the second nest and could've taken them out?"

Dean's smile dropps and I can see It's a sensitive topic.

"You don't wanna know, trust me". He says with a serious expression.

"Please Dean, I feel like there's a secret part of you which you've been hiding from me. Don't you trust me?"

He took my hand and squeezed it a bit.

"Of course I trust you Cas. But, things might change between us if I tell you."

"Nothing that you tell me can change my feelings towards you, Dean."

He seems to consider this for a moment and then took a big breath.

"A vampire nest, my dad is hunter and so am I. We hunt monsters...I know this sounds a bit crazy to you but I'm telling the truth. "

I don't know which sentence to find weirder. A vampire nest? Hunters? Monsters? There's so much I want to ask him but I don't know where to start. I just look at him with a puzzled expression, hoping he helps me out a bit.

"Well, there were two nests around where we lived so that's basically why we moved, so that dad can get rid of the nests. Sometimes I help him out but he wanted me to go to school this time. I'm glad I did."

He looks at me like I'm something that he's been looking for his whole life. It melts my heart and before I realise what happened, I wrap my arms around his neck and bring our lips together.

"This doesn't change anything between us, but I might need some time to get used to the fact that mosters are real...wait, if there's vampires does that mean there's werewolves too?"

He laughs a bit a nods.

"Cool". I stretch the word out, I can't believe I'm dating a hunter. He's like a superhero, but of course I don't tell him that.

Dean's POV

I never told anyone about what we do, I really thought Cas would start to call me crazy and dump me. I'm glad he took it so well. I look over at him, at his perfect face and turn away when he catches me staring. I look at my hand in Cas's and notice some bandages on his arm stained with blood. How didn't I notice it before? I move my other hand to lift it up a bit and see deep cuts under.

"Dean-"

"Why? Why did you hurt yourself?"

"I'm sorry...but you were gone, I didn't know if you would be coming back..."

"I'll never leave you again, I promise."

I kiss him in the cheek but he turns my face and kisses me. I can never get enough of him.

The bus finally stops and the driver announces it to be the last stop. My back is sore from sitting for too long but I'm glad we finally got away from our past. We can start again here, do whatever we want. We get out of the bus and go look for a motel, I notice a diner not too far from a cheap motel and write a mental note to go there. We get two rooms, me and Cas will sleep in the same bed again. I've missed waking up next to him. After we unpack, Sam and Jess decide to stay in their rooms. Cas also didn't want to go anywhere but I drag him to the diner I saw earlier, dying for a burger. And pie. They better have pie.

We find some seats at the back where no one else is and order out food. The waitress, a cute blonde girl, comes back not long after and puts down two burgers, mine with extra cheese.

"You know, this reminds me of that time I took you out on our first date."

"Exept we're not drinking milkshakes. And Dean, it's rude to talk with your mouth full".

"Yeah yeah whatever." I smile at him and finish my burger. The same girl comes back with the bill and looks at us for a bit longer than necessary.

"You look familiar, have we met before?"

She asks me. She does look a bit familiar but I can't place it.

"Umm I don't know, maybe. I can't remember. "

She then snaps her fingers. "I got it! You're Dean. Winchester right? We hunted a ghost ages ago. "

"Jo? Is that you?" I haven't seen her in a log time. After that hunt her mother, Ellen, got angry she didn't want her to become a hunter. I don't know what happened to her after that.

"I'm glad you remember me!" She pats me on the shoulder and grabs a chair to sit at the table.

"So why are you here? Where's your dad?"

"Well...we kinda ran away..." I hold Cas' s hand and Jo's eyes brighten when she understands the situation. Everyone knows that dad doesn't accept two males being in love.

"Also, could you not tell anyone we're here?"

"Yeah of course, no problem! You guys are so cute!" She giggles and puts the chair back, she then takes the bill. " Food is on the house today."

"Thank you". Me and Cas say at the same time and Jo smiles again before walking back.

"Another hunter?".

"Yeah, she helped out once when dad was busy. Didn't expect to ever see her again."

We go back to the room because it's getting dark and lay in bed, hugging. Both too tired to say or do anything. What if dad calls Ellen? They've hunted before. I hope he doesn't come here. Even if he does, there's nothing he can do to take me and Sammy away from here. I'm not scared of him anymore. I kiss Cas who is already asleep and close my eyes.