4. Annoyed

He stood there shocked.
He couldn't understand her behaviour.
Sharini and Mark left the place and Shriya also started walking in the opposite direction.
"What's wrong with her Raghav? Why is she talking like this? You just asked her for a tea meeting right?" Avni spoke.

"What's wrong with her Raghav? Why is she talking like this? You just asked her for a  tea meeting right?" Avni spoke

She continued "As far as I remember she was your best friend. Why is she reacting so indifferently?"

"Avni I want to tell you something. This is a truth I have never wanted to speak about ever. But it would be a true injustice if I don't say it to the person I will spend my life with" Raghav spoke with utmost seriousness.

"Did you love her?" Avni asked with a face screaming please say no.

"No Avni ! No ! I never loved her" spoke Raghav with utmost clarity.

"You are scaring me Raghav" spoke Avni in a tensed voice.

He began talking about his past.

She was my friend. She was infact the most popular girl in the school. We were not very close friends intially as she would not talk much.
But one day it was her brother's birthday and she invited me to her place.
As you know I never had a family.
As a child I used to live with my mom in Los Angles. I had to shift to Hyderabad after my 15th birthday to my dad.
I was fed up by the so called custody they were fighting. It was my 15th birthday in Los Angles. My mother organised a lavish birthday party at her residence. She promised me she would gift me anything I asked for.
I shouted at her for all the problems I had to face my entire life due to her and papa.
I asked her for absolute freedom.

---------------------
Raghav's 15th Birthday
Los Angeles
---------------------

"Mom ! Please leave me alone. I don't want to put on a fake smile before your so called middle aged friends who look at me desperately. I feel used mom. I am feeling harrassed. You don't bother about me at all" screamed Raghav pushing a huge vase.

"Raghav! You are behaving just like your useless father. What's your problem with people and partying? I knew that you want to stay with him permanently. So making up these silly excuses" shouted Niranjana.

Niranjana:

"Fine! if you want space be an independent boy instead of depending on anyone

"Fine! if you want space be an independent boy instead of depending on anyone. Also, always remember people brought up in India are most cruel. They behave as if they are concerned and pour their so called love. But they use you for their benefits. Just the way your father behaved with me" spoke Niranjana with concern.

----------------------------------

So she let me study in Bangalore. I barely had any friends because they were too immature and traditional. I was in L.A. and was used to the American life style. Here everyone was disciplined and only studied. I decided to go to her house because she seemed cool. She played Basketball which was my favourite. Her house was small but beautiful. I couldn't believe that I started enjoying with an Indian middle class joint family who were strict and traditional. The number of people in her family were more than those of the entire street I lived in.
But they included me in their family within no time. I used to stay in her brother's room for days. I don't want to get into the description of her each family member because it hurts me. First they poured all the love and later drew me apart mercilessly just because I denied marrying their daughter.
Think about it Avni! Who gets married at such young age. I had aversion towards marriage because of my parents. Her family also blamed me for sleeping with her.
We were young I was emotionally down and she was very supportive during my rough phase of life. We were adulting together. She was my best friend. She still is.
Our friendship is very precious.
We were unfortunate that she got pregnant. We were really young and did not have an idea about precautionary measures. I promised her that I will stand by her side and we will make sure that the baby gets aborted and she wouldn't have any complications.
She was young and had a bright future ahead. I couldn't let her get derailed from her goal at that point.
I asked her to come abroad with me for the termination. I wonder what happened. She never contacted me after that.
I tried reaching her family who said she left them as well. We were ambitious. She just left without saying anything. I want to be friends with her Avni. But she is not acknowledging me as a friend.

---------------------------

"Don't worry Raghav. You can talk to her and she will be your friend. Who can deny your friendship " spoke Avni.

"Even I studied in Los Angeles for all these years. I know how it feels to not have your best friend by your side" said Avni with a remorseful face.

****************
I updated it early for giving Raghav's POV which is on demand.
Criticism and appreciation both are accepted.
That's Raghav btw..
What do you think about him.