32. Anger

Shriya opened the wooden draw of her table and put the phone inside and locked it. She stood up from her seat and walked here and there erratically earnings suspicious looks from her colleagues. She borrowed Euginie's phone and called Raghav.

"Raghav! I need to talk to you" she spoke in an anxious tone. "Where are you Miss Shetty?" replied Raghav as he sensed something serious. "Please come to the office" she spoke and cut the call.

Raghav reached office in a hurry leaving behind his work. He tried to find her but couldn't and was told by someone that she was in the canteen. He saw Shriya seated alone having a chocolate cake and that's when he realised the intensity of the mess. Raghav cleared his throat and called her name. She turned around with lines of tension on her forehead.

He thought she was upset because of the proposal. He wasted no time to present his stance by saying "Miss Shetty! I told you to ignore anything you find. I am really sorry. It's my mistake. Please don't be upset about it". She looked at him and smiled sarcastically.

"Raghav! My dad called me after 6 years and I see your involvement in this. Why are you doing this Raghav? Please leave me alone". Shriya spoke.

"I have promised that I shall not involve in your life. The proposal was planned before that and regarding your father I don't have a bit of an idea" he spoke roughly with anger overpowering and veins bulging.

Tears streamed down Shriya's face by his reaction. This was the first time ever she shed tears due to his rudeness. He looked at her crying with emotionless eyes and did not bother to reach out to calm her down.

"ARE WE DONE? OR IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU HAVE TO SAY" he questioned with blood red eyes.

Shriya retorted "MY BAD SIR! THIS IS THE LAST TIME I AM BOTHERING YOU ABOUT ANYTHING".

She stormed away with anger without sparing a glance at him. He was annoyed beyond eternity. He also left but only after kicking a wodden chair placed behind him.

Several thoughts clouded Shriya's brain. She couldn't understand how her father found out about her whereabouts if not for Raghav's interference. She was unable to take the fact that her past life has unmasked and is standing in front of her demanding attention. All she could think of was to seek advice from someone wise and trustworthy.

She wasted no time and drove to Laxman's mansion.

-------------------------------
Laxman's Residence
-------------------------------

Shriya rang the bell several times but no one opened the door. She tried reaching Laxman on phone but in vein. Shriya was confused beyond eternity. She didn't know why she was doing whatever she did and sat alone in a chair in the garden.

Sweat beads formed on Shriya's head and she became unconscious. About an hour later Laxman and Sharanya reached the residence. Laxman went ahead to park the car while Sharanya saw unconscious Shriya and rushed to her. She tried to wake her up but Shriya's face looked pale.

Sharanya took her inside with the help of Laxman. Laxman checked her pulse and realised that she has become unconscious due to low blood pressure. Laxman called Serah to know her medical history while Sharanya was attending her.

"Laxman! How come this girl is here?" questioned Sharanya to which he questioned "How do you know her Aunty?".

Sharanya replied "Laxman! She was Raghav's girlfriend. I know her". Laxman had a smile on his face and his phone rang with Serah's message. He left the room to get a printout of her medical history.

Shriya opened her eyes as she felt something warm on her head. She was perplexed to look at Sharanya and remembered the events of the day.

"Aunty...! I have a lot ....to ....talk" Shriya tried to speak but the weakness in her body made her even more fragile. Sharanya replied "No honey! You take rest. Else I will have to become a monster and force you to take care of yourself just the way I did during your preg.." Shriya stopped her from finishing the statement by placing a hand on her mouth.

Sharanya understood that she wasn't comfortable reminiscing that time as she has seen her fight during that time. Sharanya smiled and placed a hand on her head and questioned "Why is my brave child looking so lost?"

Shriya couldn't stop herself and cried uncontrollably in her arms. She spoke "Aunty! I feel like a lost child in a huge crowd. Too many questions but not a single idea about the direction to take for answers".

"Honey! You don't need to be strong always. Sometimes let others take care of you and solve your issues. Trust me you will feel better" Sharanya spoke trying to console Shriya.

"I have seen the pictures of your son in the living area. He looks just like you baby!" Sharanya spoke in a gentle tone. Shriya wanted to burst out on her for hiding the truth but couldn't be angry on her. Her rational self understood Sharanya's motive behind it but the mother in her demanded explanation.

Shriya was about to question when she heard the sound of a chair crashing the ground. Both Sharanya and Shriya were shocked to see an angry Laxman ready to explode.

He walked ahead towards Sharanya and questioned with shaky voice barely getting any words out of his mouth "Is...my moj..o Raghav ....and Shriya's....son?"

Sharanya did not reply to that question and looked at Laxman's eyes with a pity. Laxman understood and shouted on top of his voice "HE IS LAXMAN REDDY'S SON.....NOT RAGHAV REDDY AND SHRIYA SHETTY'S. EVEN IF THEY ARE HIS PARENTS".

Shriya tried to get up from the bed but her hands and legs trembled and the cold whether was making it worse.

Shriya closed her eyes praying for a miracle to sort things out and give her strength to get up. She cursed herself for coming to Laxman's house for help. She couldn't afford to see another disturbance in a wedding.

But seems her prayers were unheard. As she opened her eyes she saw her little Arihan looking at Laxman with tears streaming down his eyes.

****************

****************

A/N:

Hi guys! I was not sure of posting this chapter as I was not convinced. I cannot think of other way of presenting it. So I finally did post it.

Do share your thoughts about it. Criticism would be appreciated.

Why did Raghav behave like that?

What's going to happen now?

Do share your opinions.

♥️♥️