45. Date?

Shriya looked perplexed into Raghav's eyes. She definitely wanted a break but a date and that too with Raghav was something she was not sure of. They have indeed come a long way. They don't have the same comfort they shared before. Every once in a while she calls him Feetu but it seems quite awkward the moment she looks at him as he is very manly. They both have grown up and have no idea about each other's personalities.

Besides the first thought that came to her mind was of Arihan and she questioned "We are taking Duggu with us right"?

Raghav withdrew from the hug and looked at her almost as if he was giving up. "Who takes a child on a date Sweetu?" he asked faking irritation. Shriya rolled her eyes and said "Then you know my answer Raghav! if my Duggu is not coming. I cannot afford to loose time with him anymore".

"You have no idea Shriyu he could get really irritating. He doesn't stay in a place for more than five minutes and a flight journey with him can be a nightmare" Raghav said as an effort to convince her. In contrary he was infuriating her.

She glared at him and said "How can you say such things about my tiny baby Raghav? Wait a minute what did you say? A flight journey? I don't want to leave him for mere few hours and you are speaking about days?"

Raghav held Shriya's shoulders and said "Zoro is a very notorious boy Shriyu! He is just pretending to be nice because you have just met him. Wait for two or three days and he will get back to his crazy behaviour". Shriya had it enough, she was irked as Raghav was speaking to her as if she is an outsider and she has to bear with the child just for a while.

She withdrew herself from his hands and said "I know that I don't know anything about him. But I also know that no matter however he is, I can cope with him. I guess you are not trusting me and thinking that I cannot handle him because of my mental condition but I can very well raise him".

Raghav was left perplexed by her statement. He was just trying to go on a date with her alone. He never realised that she would get offended. It's then he felt that he had the opportunity to see Arihaan grow since he was a baby but Shriya had missed it all. The transition from accepting your brother's child as your own wasn't as much as stepping in as the mother he never had.

Shriya did not know a thing about Arihaan and the baby had too many expections from her. All she had was maternal instincts and was happy that the baby was accepting of her. "I don't know his favourite food, his mood swings, the cartoon he loves, his hobbies or his fears" she spoke with utter remorse. It bothered her very much.

She held Raghav's hand and said "Raghav! I am scared that if I leave him for two days he might forget me! For all good reasons I might just be like another thing he is wants as all his friends have a mother". Raghav understood her concern. His eyes softened at her predicament.

He gently spoke "Shriya! I can give you a lot of false hopes saying that the baby loves you and he has already accepted you in his life but I won't. The truth is that he is very comfortable with Lucky! Like you mentioned he wants a mom to show off to his friends. We cannot blame him. Lucky has been a wonderful father and mother. I cannot see if I can take his place as well. We need to give the kid a little time. He clearly wants to stay with Lucky".

He held her hand and took her the place where Arihaan was sleeping on Lucky's shoulder while Laxman was talking to Sharini. "He cannot stay away from Lucky for more than a day and doesn't not eat if it is not Lucky feeding him".

Shriya did appreciate that Lucky took such good care of Arihaan but now all she could see was the gap between her and the boy. She looked at Raghav helplessly saying "You think staying away from him and letting him live with Lucky will mend our relationship with him Raghav?"

Raghav felt happy that she acknowledged that they both were in it together and they both had to work towards gaining the boy's trust. Raghav just smiled at her and said "Let's give him some time Sweetu! We will see him everyday but we will let him stay in Lucky's house. That will go on till he is comfortable to move in with..... us".

Raghav's last word came out more like a question. Their future was a question. Their relationship did not have any name and how could they stay together. His thoughts were inturupted when she said "We will have to think about the terms of co parenting Raghav".

"So you never wish to get married to me Shriya" he questioned quite bitterly. His voice was low but it had a hint of anger.

"I am scared to be left alone Raghav. I don't think I have the strength to live through it all over again" she said in an extremely low voice.

Raghav's eyes grew red at her words. He wanted to say many things about how it was high time she accept her feelings for him as the entire world saw how she blushes like a new bride. The very reason he asked her to meet was he wanted to complement how she looked like a bride herself blushing and stealing glances from him throughout the entire ceremony.

He was frustrated that the person who is concerned about every relationship in his family and is mending them for his happiness is unable to see that his happiness lies with her. 

Of all the things he wanted to say all he said was "As you wish Shriya!" and walked away.

***************
A/N:
Hey guys!
Do let me know your thoughts on this chapter.
You think Shriya is right?
Also do you guys want a relationship between Lucky and Sharini or Lucky and Avni?