47. Love

Raghav withdrew to look at her eyes while she looked every where but into his eyes. He loved the way she asked that question. He loved everything she did. There was a difference in her demeanor. Her perfectly placed curls, her glamorous dress and the hopeful innocent eyes. The way she questioned with those longing eyes and the way she approached made him crazy for her.

Shriya tried to catch some air as her breathing hitched by the way he kept checking her. She broke the silence and said "I ....am sorry. You were upset because of me. Frankly, I realised that I am ready to start a new life in one very random moment". 

She examined his face to look for a proper reaction but all she could get was his face did not hold any expression. She looked into his curious orbs and said "I want not just my child but in reality I want you as my companion. I... really love you". Raghav's face broke into a smile as she spoke.

"Will ..you say ... something Raghav?" she questioned. He wanted to play along. He understood that his silence is making her nervous and she is actually speaking her heart out. He felt that not everyday can you see Shriya who is really uptight speak about her feelings.

Shriya started placing her already tidy hair neatly. She tried to settle the imaginary crumples that formed on her dress. Her toes were curled and eyes blinking more than necessary. Though Raghav payed attention to all these details his eyes roamed for a while extra on her swollen lips due to the kiss.

She noticed his eyes roaming all through her body and became all the more conscious. Shriya grew impatient and shot him a glare. He only smirked looking at her reaction. She had it enough. She was not able to bear with him checking her out and making her knees weak. So she turned to leave when his hands caught her and pulled him causing her to fall on his muscular chest.

They both looked at each other's eyes when their breathing hitched. He said on his very masculine baritone voice "You are mine Shriya". He had told it several times but the confidence with which he spoke now made cheeks red.

He extended his hand and she took it within a second. They walked hand in hand. She did not question where they were going but she just wanted to walk with him, to be with him and her eyes never left him.

Raghav opened the car door for Shriya and she gracefully sat inside. She was looking out of the window for a while but something caught her attention. He turned music on and the song that played was "Pyaar hua ikraar hua". Shriya's face broke into a huge smile and said Raghav that this was the first song she ever sang in her life as a child.

She was lost talking something while Raghav only smiled at her antics. The car came to a halt and Shriya looked around to find an illuminated temple and soothing songs being played as it was the last prayer of the day. "Shall we?" questioned Raghav.

"You mean shall we go inside Raghav?" asked Shriya as she felt different. "I meant shall we get married?" replied Raghav. Shriya's eyes held an unreadable expression. She was ready to finally embrace the moment. She only nodded not breaking the eye contact.

Raghav opened the door for her and helped her get down. As they walked on the marble steps under the moonlight, Shriya's heartbeat raced. Earthen lamps were illuminated on the marble flooring which made it look ethereal. She stopped him as she felt she was not dressed for the ocassion. He asked her to go ahead towards the temple's exibition store and pick up anything she likes. He waited inside the temple looking at the wonderful architecture.

Raghav's thoughts were flooded with her memories of the time he first saw her in the basketball court. Her fierce eyes and strong personality came before his eyes. He felt someone looking at him when he turned around and saw her draped in a saree. She walked towards him as his eyes teared up.

The strength of their emotions faded the simplicity of their clothes. Finally as she stood by his side he complemented her saying "You look lovely" to which she added "as your bride". He took a little vermillion and put a small dot between the partition of her hair.

She closed her eyes and had a deja vu moment. As she opened her eyes a lone tear trickled down her left eye. He wiped it with his thumb and kissed the side of her forehead. They both bowed for one last time before the idol and walked away.

They walked down the stairs hand in hand as wife and husband. At one point Shriya gestured him to sit on the huge steps. They sat at a point from which the entire city was visible the sparkling lights of the city, the starry night with a full moon and earthen lamps felt like the entire nature was celebrating their union.

Raghav said "So wifey! Let me tell you I am a very demanding husband" with a smirk. To which Shriya replied with a smile "All the men have to follow only two rules. One is wife is the boss and two never disobey rule number one".

Raghav raised an eyebrow and questioned "What's with rules and you?". She did not reply. Her heart warmed that he called her wifey. He was now her husband. She rested her head on his shoulder with a slight smile on her face. He looked at her face from above her head and entwined his fingers with hers. They sat in silence letting the cold breeze dance around them.

The moon shone in all its glory while Shriya gently whispered "I love you Raghav" still laying on his shoulder. He responded by placing a warm kiss on her head.

***********
A/N:
So it's a wrap guys. This is the last chapter.
What do I say? As I take out the slow updates from my title and change it to completed all I can say is this story is very close to my heart.
Thank you all for loving and appreciating it for an year. Thank you for reading it. Do forgive me for keeping you waiting. Once again I want to extend a heartfelt gratitude.

And anyone who want a sequel can comment here. I will write it based on the response.

Love Love
♥️♥️