14. Uncle

Guys I would like to begin by thanking all of you. This story has been ranked #1 in school mates. It's because of your support and love.
Thanks a lot!!

******

Shriya and Raghav were back stage. Shriya held Raghav's hand and looked at him looking for answers.

Raghav looked at her and said "How could I let you down before the entire school which adores you. You should always be their role model".

"I am not going to thank you Raghav because it was your duty as my friend" Shriya spoke pouting.

Raghav smiled at her childishness.

Raghav was about to leave when Shriya questioned "Where are you going Feetu?".

"Ah! Don't force me to attend classes Sweety! I am going to my Art gallery" he said in a pleading tone.

"Noway! You will have to help me make charts and campaign" she commanded.

Raghav accepted and they left together to the Activity club room.

They walked through the huge activity corridor when a girl dressed in school uniform came to Raghav and said " Sir, I am your junior! I loved your performance and you looked very handsome".

Raghav smiled and winked at the girl.

Shriya quickly said " Woow! Feetu you have fans. Offo!" and nudged his shoulder.

Raghav gave her a what do you think I am look.

After completing the charts Shriya forced Raghav to attend Math class.

--------
Math Class
--------

"Students! Write down in the rough column sec theta is equal to one by cos theta. That's the hint to the problem number 12" spoke Miss Jaya looking at the students.

Raghav and Shriya always sat in the first bench because it was their favourite subject.

They both were excellent at Maths and completed all the problems ten times quicker than the rest of the class.

Raghav took Shriya's book and wrote on the last page " No baskt ball sess 2day?"

Shriya wrote " No! Akka wedding prep"

Raghav wrote "I will go 2 Art gall then"

Shriya wrote " Fiinnnneee"

Miss Jaya saw Raghav distracted and angrily said "Where's your home work book Raghav? You were supposed to submit it last week".

Raghav stared blankly at Miss Jaya. Shriya poked on his back and put a book slowly in his bag.

Raghav submitted the work that Shriya completed on his behalf.

A girl came to the class and spoke " Jaya ma'am the principal is asking Raghav Reddy to meet her now".

-----------
Principal office
-----------

Raghav left to the principal office to see his uncle Drona being seated on the opposite side.

Drona spoke "Raghav I have taken permission from your principal, we will have to go back to L.A. as your mom is missing you and not keeping good health".

Raghav kept quiet. He didn't want to leave this school. He did not want to leave this city. Most importantly he did not want to leave Shriya and go.

"Maama! I don't want to come" spoke Raghav for the first time against his uncle.

Drona was perplexed.

"Raghav! You have a family there! Lucky, Avni and Aadhik are waiting for you. You promised them that you will be back in a month" spoke a concerned Drona.

Raghav ran from the principal office. It was lunch break and Shriya was sitting under a tree in the playground waiting for Raghav.

That's their meeting spot during lunch time.

Raghav came to Shriya and said " Sweetu! I don't want to go! I wanted to be independent and wanted to go to Australia. But my mom sent me to India so that I can't adjust and will go back to her. I promised my cousins that I will come back because I knew I cannot stay here for a month also. But! But! I don't want to go!!! How can I stay there alone without you Sweetu? Will you come with me to LA?"

Shriya who was confused because he spoke without a context replied "You promised me that you will be there for me. Will you break your promise?" she asked looking into his eyes with longing eyes.

"I will not go Sweetu" he assured her.

He went back to principal office along with Shriya and said
"Sir, I cannot go back to my mom! She doesn't have my custody. I am supposed to live with my father" Raghav said to principal.

"But are you living with your father? " Principal asked.

Raghav was confused and did not have an answer.

Drona intervened and spoke " His father is a busy man sir! He is a minister. He doesn't have time for his children. I think he doesn't even know these are his custody years with his son"

Shriya said " But sir! Raghav stays in our house. He is not alone. He has a family"

Drona got furious. He said "These little children. They don't know anything. How can a friend's family be called as one's own family?"

Raghav and Shriya looked at each other. Raghav blinked his both eyes in assurance to Shriya.

Principal asked "Raghav do you have anything else to say?"

Raghav spoke " Sir! My father is a busy man I accept that. But yesterday I was told by Shriya's father that a loving father will always want to see his children in their mother's company. From whatever I have known about my dad I guess he is happy if I am happy. It is my mistake that I haven't informed him about my arrival to India. Sir, I request you not to compell me to go to my mom. I am not comfortable there. I feel deprived and used in the company of her friends"

Principal understood his concern and spoke "Raghav you will have to complete this academic year in this school. Unless your father requests for the change of school I shall not permit you to leave"

Drona left without saying a word.

Raghav and Shriya were now in the parking area about to leave home.

Raghav spoke "Shriya! I don't want to go to art gallery"

Shriya hugged him tightly and said "Raghav you never told me about your painful past. And I don't want to know if you are not comfortable. I cannot bear to see you in pain".

Raghav reciprocated the hug an said "You are the best thing that can ever happen to me sweety! I don't find a reason to think about anything when I am with you. So I did not feel the need to speak about it".

Shriya stopped hugging Raghav and was coming out of his embrace. Her hair was struck on his cheeks when they both looked into each other's eyes.

Shriya heard a voice which said " Romance in the parking area! Enough reason to persuade people to not vote for a school head girl"

Raghav's eyes became red while Shriya felt a sense of fear.

*******

Who is this trying to defame Shriya?

What will Raghav do now?