22. Truth

Shriya began walking silently towards the dining table. Serah was standing trying to understand her behaviour.

Se: Shriyu! Are you fine?

S: I am fine Serah! Don't bother about me. I guess you need to sort out your own issues. I also wanted to say that I am not comfortable interacting with your to be family members.

Saying so Shriya left to her room and shut the door tightly.

Serah stood confused.

Shriya went to the washroom and stood under the shower telling herself.

" There's no way you are going back to him Shriya. If he calls off his marriage or for that matter he doesn't marry ever it's none of your buisness. He is not the one for you".

" I will never go back to him in this life time".

She scratched her lips with scrubber to wash off the taste of his lips he left on her last night.

She stayed static in the shower for too long and realised it's almost evening. She had caught cold and fever due to this act of hers.

She came out of the shower and sat in the living room lost in her thoughts after changing into warm clothes. She was still shivering due to fever.

Suddenly a warm shrug was wrapped around her.

It took no time for her to realise the touch.

She pushed Raghav's hands away from her body.

"How many times should I remind you that you can't touch me and what are you doing here?" She shouted.

"Sweety! I am sorry. I wanted to talk to you. I was waiting here in the living room since four hours. As I saw you coming, I realised you are not well. You were shivering sweety" saying so he was about to continue but she stopped him saying " Please leave Mr.Reddy! I can take care of myself".

He knelt down on his knees and said " I can't leave you Sweety! You have a right to be angry on me. Yesterday, my behaviour was terribly wrong. I don't want to apologize and make my blunder look small. All I can say is it's only after you left did I realise that there was never a moment I was not in love with you. The day we first travelled in the bus, was the first time I fell for your persona when you set the rules. Every time I sat in the art gallery I was always lost in your thoughts. All those moments are really precious. Ever since I have realised my love for you I couldn't wait to come and confess it to you. I really love you sweety! You have every right to be angry on me. But I beg you please don't leave me! Please...."

Shriya stood static and did not blink her eyes. Her eyes were fixed on the wall opposite and she said "leave".

He knew that he has hurt her but it's only now did he realise that he is responsible for transforming his tender and loving sweety into a stone.

He wanted to kill himself and his eyes became red with tears looking at her state.

He couldn't leave her at this moment as she is shivering with cold and Serah is not around. It was raining outside and there wouldn't be anyone if she needed anything.

He was determined not to leave, so he stood up and placed his hand on her forehead and said "It's very hot. You are having high fever. I can't leave you this way. Let me get you a medicine. You are not even able to stand" he was getting scared and concerned.

Shriya laughed out loud and moved away from him saying " You think I cannot handle a basic fever alone Mr.Reddy when I have handled a bloody pregnancy with a thousand complications as a teenager all by myself".

Raghav froze for a moment. " Wh... What do you mean? Din't you get it terminated?"

Shriya looked straight into his eyes and said "I am not a murderer Mr. Reddy! I cannot even think of such options".

Realisation hit Raghav. Thousand jumbled thoughts were shouting in his mind. He wanted to say a thousand things but he was not able to frame a single sentence but he managed to say " Ho..How did you? Alone? Where's the baby?" Questioning he held Shriya's shoulders.

Shriya lost the last bit of strength she had on that question and replied " He's dead" with a straight face and tears streaming down her cheeks.

She pushed Raghav's grip on her shoulders away and spoke crying " You wanted to kill him and he's dead. So your purpose and problem are solved. Now, you can live in peace and happiness".

Raghav held her arm tightly and said " You think I am a ruthless person? You think I will be happy on my own son's death?"

"Don't you dare call him your son. He's only mine. You wanted 'it' to be terminated. So why the drama now?" She shouted.

" Sweety! I was concerned about our careers. I thought your family would have convinced you to terminate. I had family pressure too. I had to shift to LA. You refused to come with me" Raghav spoke.

" I don't want to discuss on this topic anymore Mr.Reddy" Shriya spoke walking towards the door.

Raghav walked behind her and said " Seriously sweety? You really think we should leave this topic? Do I not deserve to know atleast with the right of being your friend once and father of the baby?"

She opened the door and said with a sarcastic smile " What's the purpose of this discussion when my duggu is dead" saying so she broke down into tears.

Raghav held her tightly as he himself was not able to bear the reality of the statement she made.

They both cried for about ten minutes in each other's arms. Shriya broke the hug and said "Leave! Before I loose the last tiny bit of self respect left".

**********

Hey guys! I am extremely sorry for being gone for a lot of time. I got stuck up with work.

Do comment about your thoughts on this update.