43. Reconciliation

Raghav followed Avni outside of the church. Avni stood facing Raghav and said "Well! Mr.R you will have to thank me!!" Raghav rose an eyebrow with a questioning look. She smiled and spoke "I have made it easy for you by telling about Arihaan to Neeru aunty. She is actually happy. I know that you will take another season contemplating on what to say and how to speak. So I thought before Arihaan uses his brutal frankness to spill the story to aunty, I could do it". She smiled as she spoke.

Avni continued "Before you assume anything else Raghav I want to tell you that Shriya actually spoke to me. Of the world of things we have talked which included insecurities, living away from parents, love and ofcourse you. She made me realise that my mother was never wrong and she was just the victim of circumstances. She also told me a lot about your dad and his immense love for Neeru aunty. The main reason for her to speak to me was she wanted to clear the misunderstandings between our elders. She presented the point of view of my mom and Govardhan uncle which remained mostly hidden from us all these years. So after all of it I realised that she is doing it for certain special someone who is definitely not Serah. You know something that left me awestruck was despite being a mother her first priority and concern was you. She never told it but it was evident that she is doing this for your happiness. I bet you cannot find another person like her. She really loves you R".

Raghav had a huge smile on his face as he heard those words. It was an unknown feeling which soothed him. He had fallen in love all over again with his woman.

"Thank you! Avni you do know that you are the best right?" He spoke all excited. Avni had a sad smile and said "Not good enough despite being the best I guess! Anyway! Mr.R you owe me so much for this. You better mend your relationship with Shriya and I can't wait to get decked up for your wedding".

Raghav spoke in a serious tone "I am sorry Avni-" before he could continue Avni inturupted him saying "Let bygones be bygones R. You guys are perfect together. You have always stood by me and supported me when I needed you. I hope that will never change. Yes! I was really jealous that you gave my place to Serah today. You were always babysitting me right? And don't you dare think I have done all this for you. I have done it to see my cutie pie Arihaan happy so that he doesn't have to deal with all the nonsense we had to all our childhood".

Raghav held her hand and heartfully said "Thank you". Avni smiled and said "Well! Most welcome Mr.Superman nanna. You owe me this. So whenever I will get married you will have to stand by me just the way you stood by Serah". Raghav murmured a promise. Raghav turned to leave but he saw Laxman eve's dropping the conversation.

Raghav went ahead towards the church without acknowledging him to attend the further ceremony. Laxman walked towards Avni and thanked her. Avni's smile vanished looking at Laxman as she could never forget all those harsh words he spoke about her to his friends as a reason to reject her. She just nodded her head and walked away.

The church gates were now crowded with people as they waved a final goodbye to the happily married couple. Serah and Aadhik were driven away in a special Land Rover which was their wedding present by Drona Reddy.

Raghav stood beside Shriya and she was gushed like a teenager in love. She never got to live being in love all these years and it was just new. The wierd thing though was she was controlling her nerves by holding on to Arihan for support.

A thought occured in her mind and she turned towards Raghav "Thank you Raghav! I am really proud of the fact that you stood by Serah. I would not be able to see her walk alone missing her father". Raghav only smiled at her words. Shriya found it odd that he was not talking to her. Instead he turned to Arihaan and said "Zoro! Did you miss me?"

Arihan jumped into his father's arms and said "Ped... Sorry nanna do you know amma told me that I look bettel than you". Shriya glared her son as she didn't expect him to say it while Raghav eyed a very astonished Shriya. "Ofcourse you do Zoro baby! Because you look like your amma" he replied in his baritone voice making Shriya blush. Arihaan continued checking Raghav's  pockets if he could find a choclate while Raghav spoke about random things to his son.

As everyone headed to have lunch Shriya walked towards Neeranjana Reddy and calmly said  "Aunty! I wanted to talk to you since I came to know you were to be bound to Serah as a family. I want you to know that I totally understand you as a woman. I am sorry if I am invading into your personal space but it broke my heart looking at your eyes during the wedding rituals. If it makes any difference I want you to know that uncle really loves you and longed for you. You know he once told me that he feels only you can add colors to his very boring life and it is absolutely dull ever since you left him".

"He left me" Neeranjana hissed harshly wiping her tears. Neeranjana held Shriya's hand and said "I have come to know about everything and I feel utterly guilty for assuming horrible things about my own husband I mean ex-husband". Shriya held her hand tightly as tears rushed down Neeranjana's eyes.

"I only realised that I still love him when the truth about Arihaan surfaced. I cannot tell you that this news made me understand that I have never gotten over my husband I mean ex-husband and the fact that he never betrayed me makes me feel alive again. I have been a desperate mother all my life Shriya. My son deserves all the happiness and so do you. I don't know much about you but you seem very genuine and I have understood that you complete my son. I wanted to tell you that you are now a part of our family. Though it started out on a bad note let's make it better for all our sanity".

Shriya hugged Neeranjana affectionately.

Neeranjana observed Govardhan talking to the guests and smiling warmly. She gathered all her courage and went towards him. He eyed her suspiciously and said "Look Neeranjana! I don't want any drama here. Please save it. Let's not spoil the mood of all the children". She sighed and said "Well! Mr.Husband I wanted to ask you if you can give me a ride back home in your car as I don't want to go alone".

Govardhan Reddy flinched his eye brows in sudden realisation and offered his hand for her to hold.

***********************
A/N:
Guys as I promised here's another chapter.
Do let me know if it is feeling rushed.
What do you think will happen now?
Leave a comment if you want me to elaborate anything.
Love
❤️❤️