25. Sister-in-law

***********

After Raghav left, Shriya was alone in her huge living room. Shriya felt as though there were no tears left within her to shed.

She decided on speaking to Mrs.Alba about her condition and dailed her number. Mrs.Alba was not available and Shriya's voice message was being recorded.

Shriya began to speak "Almost reaching the brink of death I felt a lot of emotions within me that weren't experienced. I could almost die without knowing myself completely. I have a lot of secrets I have thrown away from my consciousness but they accumulated within my heart.
Why do we do that?
Is it a mechanism to bear pain and live?
How can one die with tales trapped in your heart? I have a lot to speak about my own life which I haven't spoken to anyone. I am extremely guilty that I have broken my sister's marriage. My parents have every right to disown me and not forgive me forever."

Shriya's past haunted her all these years, but she managed to push it away. But now she has decided to find a reason to live and one has to leave the baggage of past to move ahead and live their life and not merely exist.

Laxman walked in as soon as Raghav left to pick up Arihan and leave as well. He heard Shriya's telephone conversation by chance.

" The heaviest thing one can carry in this world is guilt and the most coward person in the world is the one who commits suicide" spoke Laxman and Shriya was shocked listening to him.

" Please don't let Serah know about this Lucky"

" I am really worried about you Shriya. Ever since I met you I have only seen sadness and remorse in your eyes. You look really tired. I always thought something was bothering you. Trust me had I known that it's something that would push you to the extent of attempting suicide I would have asked you before. Am not like your brother? Please tell me what's bothering you?" Spoke Laxman with concern.

Shriya made him sit on a dining chair and said " Lucky! I wish I could speak but I am really short of words at this moment. I just broke the last possible piece of hope that could bring your brother and me together"

Shriya's face became emotionless.

Lucky questioned "Could you destroy all the love for him?"

Shriya looked at him with blood red iris spreading through her eyes.

" He is a fool and you are in a denial. I know there's a lot more I am unaware of. But I am sure of one thing that you guys are meant to be together and both of you don't have the power to break up if that's your destiny" continued Lucky.

Shriya looked at the floor constantly and was trying to sink in Lucky's words.

" I have never shared any real relationship in this world except that with my brother, my Anna. We both have went through a lot since my childhood and he was like my mom, my dad and everything to me during those hardships. Today I have accepted with my heart that you are a part of my family. You are my vadhina"

Shriya looked up perplexed not knowing how to respond.

" I promise to be there for you vadhina. This doesn't change even if you have differences with my Anna. You can count on me" Lucky spoke with tears in his eyes.

Shriya tried to smile between her tears.

Lucky handed her a tissue and said " That's a lot of emotional drama for someone as cool as Lucky! So moving on! You can feel free to cook delicious food for me and you can buy me expensive gifts and I won't mind at all" before Lucky could continue further Shriya inturuppted and spoke " Thank you Lucky!"

Lucky smiled and said " Welcome to my family vadhina. For now there's only me and my prince mojo but soon we will have Anna too!"

" Lucky! Please don't get your hopes high! I don't think there could be anything working out between me and your brother. I am glad to have a confidant in you but I don't want you to feel dejected. You can call me akka" Shriya spoke.

" Fine akka! Now I would like to take a leave . Let me take my baby Mojo" Laxman spoke.

It was almost 5:00 in the morning when Lucky left with Arihan.

---------------------
Law firm,
London
---------------------

Shriya entered her cubicle after a break of three days. She sat down look looking at the sticky notes on the files and to do list stuck on the display board.

She took a few print outs and walked into Mr.Richard's cabin to submit a few case study reports.

As she entered she found Raghav seated on the opposite chair. Shriya placed the files on the table and was about to leave when she was informed by Mr.Richard that Raghav will be the senior advocate looking after cases for 15 days.

Shriya faked a smile and acknowledged his presence and Raghav returned the gesture. Shriya went back to her cubicle and said to herself " Fine! I can manage this" in an angry tone.

************
Hey guys!

It's been ages. I am really sorry for being gone for too long!

I missed you guys a lot.

How was the chapter? Do let me know! It was written in hurry so ignore any errors.

I will update regularly from now on.