16. Media

**********
Bangalore
**********

"Today we shall learn about raise of nationalism in Europe" spoke Miss Malathi.

Shriya was seated in the second bench. She was waiting for Raghav to apologise as it was one of their major rules.

Miss Malathi announced for a sudden test.

Shriya was worried as there were no traces of Raghav. However, she completed her test and waited in the corridor. She saw a guy pacing quickly towards the class.

He looked lean and had slight facial hair. He looked quite familiar. Shriya tried to recall if she saw him somewhere.

She decided to follow him. He excused himself into the class where the test was being conducted.

She could see that Miss Malathi was looking
traumatized after reading the letter that boy handed over to her.

" We will talk about it outside the classroom" she spoke in a trembling voice.

Miss Malathi continued speaking to the boy " You see dear they are having a test. If I ask them to vacate suddenly it will create a ruckus and the parents of the students will question" she spoke.

"Ma'am! My name is Laxman Reddy. I was asked to hand over this letter to you by my mom. It is already being telecast in the news channels regarding the irresponsible behaviour of school management" spoke the boy in respectful tone.

Miss Malathi didn't know how to respond to that so she asked Shriya to take care of the class and left to principal office.

Outside the principal room she heard a woman shout on top of her voice.

" I will make sure this school is shut. How can you be so irresponsible? I haven't seen such poor security system in the world. Do you educate students or goons? My son was beaten in your premises and you don't even have an idea about it! I will make sure all of you are behind the bars" Neeranjana shouted.

The principal replied in a pleading tone " Ma'am! Our school has a reputation of being the best from past 20 years. I am really sure the security will never allow any anti social people in the school"

"Why do you need anti social elements when students themselves behave like them" she retorted.

Miss Malathi came back to the class and asked the students to vacate.

Shriya was confused and was walking along with her friends towards the gate as she saw media vans and reporters trying to get access into the school.

"Modern day schools are breeding goons" a reporter spoke.

While other said "An NRI student Raghav Reddy beaten red and blue in the premises of St.Theresa. What will the management have to say? Stay tuned to NR TV for more updates".

Shriya was shocked and wanted to see Raghav immediately. She understood that the boy who came in the morning could be his brother and could find out more from him. So she went back to the school premises.

She quickly went to Laxman and asked "Where is your brother?"

He replied " I don't know. Yesterday a girl called us and told that he was being beaten. He is not talking to us from 10 days".

Shriya did not know how to respond to that. How could they find him was all she thought.

She saw Neeranjana coming out of the room.

"Lucky! I will go and talk to media" she shouted.

Laxman spoke "No mom! Don't do that. We cannot find Anna this way. This is really unnecessary. We should focus on finding Anna instead of blaming the school".

Neeranjana replied " Are you not angry Lucky? What kind of brother are you? Don't you care about him?"

Laxman replied " I am concerned because I care for him".

Laxman also questioned " As far as I am aware Anna doesn't want any contact with any of us. How did you find regarding his injury mom? Are you stalking him?"

"What nonsense Lucky! I am his mom. I have every right to know about my son" spoke Neeranjana.

"That's not fair mom. You are wrong" shouted Lucky.

Shriya who was watching them argue was not understanding means to find out about Raghav.

Neeranjana continued " Shut up Lucky! All you are capable of is it find faults in me. That reminds me, that girl also said that Raghav is having an affair with some girl. Maybe we can find out where he is if we could find the girl".

Lucky rolled his eyes at his mom.

Shriya was about to respond when her mother Revathi came from behind and held her hand.

Revathi said "Sweetu! I was so tensed. It's all over news that the school has shut down and you did not come home. I am glad you are safe" she hugged Shriya.

Neeranjana spoke "I can't believe this. Can you guys go somewhere else and talk. Can't you see that I am tensed?"

Laxman caught her hand and signalled not to get into argument.

Revathi spoke "I am also concerned about my child. I think you must be Raghav's mother"

Neeranjana replied " How do you know my son?"

Revathi replied " He stays at our place at times"

Neeranjana was about to explode when she saw a few police men reopen the closed doors of the school.

She quickly went to them and said " I have brought a legal notice to shut the school on the grounds of being unsafe for children due to poor security".

The police replied "Sorry ma'am! We have received a notice to reopen the school stating it was a mere fight between students after a cricket match and doesn't involve anti social elements or security issues"

Neeranjana looked down at the ground to see that the media was also cleared.

She got furious and looked at the principal.

The principal said "Madam! Mr. Govardhan Reddy who is the honorable minister of W&C welfare, also the father and legal guardian of Raghav Reddy has issued a statement saying that his son is fine and it was a small fight which is too minute to be considered a crime in terms of law".

************

So what's going to happen now?
The girl who spoke in the parking lot is Neeranjana's spy.
Will Shriya and Raghav be separated or will Govardhan Reddy interfere?