4

After some time passes, Clover and Peter landed on the planet, Xandar. Peter told Clover to wait at the round fountain until he got back.

Clover stared at her reflection in the water and smiled as her reflection distorted from the waves. She then noticed two other creatures arrive at the fountain. A furry creature and a tall tree man.

She smiled and walked up to the tree man. "Hi, I'm Clover Quill." She greeted. "I am Groot." It said. She reached up and shook his finger.

"Groot, what the hell are you doing?" The furry creature asked.

"I'm just trying to make a friend." Clover smiled, retracing her arms and putting them behind her back. The mammal looked at her up and down and said, "Why don't you go home to your parents."

Clover still smiled, "I've been told my mom is what my dad calls a bitch and she's also dead. My dad told me to stay here until he comes back. What's your name?"

Rocket and Groot's eyes widened when Clover said bitch. The mammal ignored the question and turned back to his tablet. Clover sat on the fountain edge and waited patiently. Rocket and Groot soon walked off somewhere else.

A few more minutes past and Clover saw her dad off in the distance land on top of a green lady. Clover got up and slowly walked in their direction, not wanting to accidently get hurt again.

The lady was somehow blown into the air and she landed in some sort of pool. Clover looked back at her dad and saw Groot caught and put him in a large bag.

"Hey!" She marched up to Groot. She kicked his ankle,since she was so short and could basically only hurt his legs. "Let him go." She said to him with a serious face.

The green lady came walking back and said, "Step back child." Clover stepped back and apparently some alien grabbed her and pushed her in the crowd. Of course since she is so little and young people think she can't protect herself. Wrong. Clover took out her secret weapon, an alien crossbow that could shrink to fit into her palm and grow to a bit larger than half her size.

She pointed it at the crowd around her. They all backed up in fear and she ran out of the crowd.

Clover noticed her father being picked up by Nova Corp. She ran to him and she asked, "What's happening?" The officers looked down at her.

"Child step back, this is none of your business." Clover crossed her arms, stomped her foot down, and made a pouty face, staring down the man. "It is my bid-ness, where you taking my dad?"

Both officers looked at Peter. "You have a kid?" Peter was about to say something but Clover hugged his leg. Peter smiled, "I'm surprised you didn't know about her, she's the youngest Ravager." The officers looked at each before escorting the duo into custody.

···

The Nova officers were checking the prfokes of the criminals captured. They were looking over Clover's.

Corpsman Dey read her profile out loud, "Clover Meredith Quill. Four years old. Daughter of terran Peter Jason Quill and Garnanji Kilamiree, who is deceased. She has been a Ravager ever since she learned how to walk. Has murdered two people in self defense. Enhanced hearing. Enhanced reflexes. For now, send her to the storage for the prisoners items when she arrives at the Kiln."

Clover was holding onto her father's arm very tightly. "Where are they taking us, daddy?" She whispered.

"A place that is not good."

Rocket and Groot, who were sit across from them, were staring at Peter.

"What?" Peter asked.

"So this is your daughter?" Rocket said since nobody can understand Groot except for him.

"You got a problem with that?" Peter asked him. Just then the Nova Corps came in and asked for Clover to come with them. "I don't wanna leave!" She said with tears building up in her eyes. Peter made Clover look at him. "Sweetheart you have to go with them. I'll come back to you I promise, okay?"

Clover shook her head no and Peter kissed her on the forehead before the officers took her away.