5

Clover's POV

The Nova Corp took me to the storage where they take everyone's stuff. "They will bring you food soon." A tall man said before walking off. They closed the door behind me and left me there. I just wanted to be with my dad. I looked around and saw a crate with my dad's criminal number on it.

(I don't know if the criminal numbers are a thing so just go with it)

I pulled the crate out and saw me and my dad's stuff. I take out my jacket which was on the top and started checking the pockets. They made me change into the yellow prison clothes when they took me away from my dad. I found my alien crossbow, in the disarmed cube shape, in my pocket. I placed it back in my pocket and just sat down next to the crate.

How long were we even suppose to be in here?

A few minutes go by and a guard with orange skin comes in. "Stand up and out that back!" He demanded.

I shook my head no. "There is a couple on Xandar that will adopt you. We can't keep a four year old here." He said.

"You're gonna take me away from my dad?!"

The man close the door behind him. "Look you little brat, I don't care what happens to you but you need to get up now!"

I shook my head no as I put my hand in my pocket again. "Guess what?" I tell him.

The guard groaned, "What is it now?" He asked impatiently.

"I don' care what happen to you either." I said before pulling out my crossbow.

I shot him before he could even flinch. I placed the crossbow back in my pocket and back up against the wall. I listen closely to hear if anyone's coming but I heard no one. None of the doors have handles and um pretty sure they're locked.

So I'm still stuck here. I lean back against the wall with my chin in my hand. Eventually I got tired and fell asleep.

···

When I woke up I noticed flashing lights and the loud alarms. I covered my ears at the loud noise. I have no idea what's happening.

I put on my jacket quickly and covered my ears again. Eventually the alarms stopped in this room. But I can hear it in the places through the walls.

The doors suddenly opened and the green lady from before, a alien with red markings, Rocket, Groot, and my dad came in the room.

"Daddy!" I yell, running to him. He bent down on one knee and pulled me close to him. "Hey baby girl." He smiled. I could see the green lady and the man with red markings were staring at me with surprised faces.

Everyone was picking up their stuff out of all the crates.

"Clover, you see the Milano out there?" My dad asked, pointing out a big window. I nodded.

"Well I want you to take those four to the Milano and wait outside the prison for me, alright?"

I shook my head, "Don't leave me again daddy!"

"Hey, I'm not leaving you. I promise I'll be right back okay? Love you Clove." He said, kissing the top of my head.

"Love you too."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly before he ran off in another hallway.

Me and the strangers made out way to the Milano and I opened it so we could all get inside. Rocket took the copilot seat that is usually mine so I sat in the pilot's seat and strapped in. He piloted the Milano outside the prison.

"We should just leave him." Rocket said after waiting a while.

I immediately take out my crossbow and aim it at him.

"We are not leaving my dad. I may be cute but I can be dan'erous." I threatened.

"I like her." I heard the alien with the markings say.

Rocket took his hands off the controls and sat back in the seat. I put my crossbow back in my pocket and continued to look towards the prison.

I snapped my head and looked to the back of the Milano when I heard a latch open. I jumpes out of my seat and jump down the cockpit steps to the lower level. I saw my dad closing the latch and making his mask retract behind his ear. I run towards him and jump in his arms. He picked me up and held me to his side.

"Alright, let's get out of here."