21

Being the dumbass I am, I never realized that there was a scale for hair type or whatever, and it wouldve made it so much easier for me if I noticed this earlier because my hair isn't exactly Google's images of curly hair or wavy hair.

My hair is probably 2b hair on the 'scale' and it's a fucking struggle. It gets curly sometimes and gets wavy other times. And sometimes it just gets straight. And it's annoying.

Does anyone else have this problem?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to someone rubbing my back and calling my name. I lifted my head tiredly and looked up to see my dad wearing his jacket and a backpack.

"Morning Clove." He said quietly to me.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "Where are you going daddy?"

"We're going with Ego to his planet. Well, Rocket is staying behind with Groot and Nebula to fix the ship." My dad explained, making me stand up so I can change into some clean clothes sonce I fell asleep on the ground last night.

"Do I have to go? I don't really like him." I asked, tying my shorts strings once we got outside.

"You don't want to come?"

"No, can I stay with Rocket? Please?" I answered.

My dad glanced back at where Rocket was standing while he was fixing the Milano. My dad bit his lip and stayed quiet for a few seconds.

"Fine."

"Thank you." I smiled and hugged my dad's leg.

My dad smiled bit it went away when he looked up from me.

"Rocket." He called out to him.

Rocket's ear twitched but he didn't turn his head around to look at my dad.

"One scratch on Clover and I will shoot you." He added.

Gamora came over and said. "It's time to go."

"How long are you guys gonna be gone?" I asked looking up at Gamora and my dad.

Gamora bent down and placwd her hand on my shoulder, "We'll be back before you know it. Don't worry."

I nodded and Gamora walked away so I could say goodbye to my dad.

"Hope dear ol' dad is not as much of an as whole as you." Rocket said before my dad turned to leave.

My dad looked at Rocket and asked, "What is your goal here? To piss off everuone you know? Cuz it's working."

He then bent down and kissed my forehead, "Bye Bandit."

"Bye daddy." I said sadly while I wrapped my arms around his neck.

He held mw tightly before letting go and walking away with Gamora and Drax. I watched them as they stepped inside the ship and rake off into the sky. I frowned and sat down next to where Groot was sitting. He also looked sad that they left.

Rocket continued to fix the ship for a couple more hours and then he made us all sit further inside the ship.

"Groot, Clove, I swear to god if either of you follow me out there--just stay here, and if you hear gunshots, don't come looking for me, got it?" Rocket said while putting little things in a bag.

"What are you doing?" I asked Rocket.

"None of your concern." He responded while zipping up the bag.

"Why is it none of my concern?" I crossed my arms.

Rocket rolled his eyes, "Because I said so."

"But why do I have to listen to you?"

"Cuz your dad put me in charge. You know, Clover, you are lucky that your dad lives up to his threats or else this conversation would have been very different." Rocket said getting annoyed. Hr tossed something shiny to me and I caught it, it was rhw key to Nebula's handcuffs.

He strapped the bag on his back qnd then ran off on his four legs into the forest. Me and Groot looked at each other and then looked at the device that Rocket gave Groot earlier that was like a communitcator.

I glanced at Nebula and saw she was staring at the both of us and I immediately turned away.

···

It was already dark and Rocket hasn't my come back yet. I looked into the forest and saw the dim light of flash lights coming closer.

Rocket was humming along to a song that was playing into the Milano, through the communitcator.

Me and Groot sat next to each other waiting for something to happen. I heard the faint screams of people in the forest and gunshots.

The flashlights started to go out but Rocket must've dropped the communitcator because there was no sound coming from it. Nebula sat up and said, "Your friend, there's too many of them. He needs my help. If you care about him, you need to get me out of these bonds." She held up her arms that were handcuffed.

Groot and I looked at each other, not wanting to free Gamora's crazy sister. But Rocket could be in trouble and he might need help and I wouldn't be enough back up for him.

I walked over to Nebula slowly and out a hand on her handcuffs. I took out the key Rocket gave me before he left and unlocked the cuffs. Nebula flexed her hand before standing up and grabbing a gun off the wall before taking off into the forest.

"I am Groot." Groot said to me with his arms reaching towards me.

I oicked up Groot and put him on my shoulder before running off after Nebula. I hopped over rocks and branches while trying to keep up with her.

Groot wrapped hid arms around my head tightly so he would fall off.

"Groot, you're pulling too hard on my hair." I whined.

"I am Groot." He said, sounding like he was sorry.

I started to hear the familiar voices of Ravagers and Rocket as we got closer. Nebula came to a stop and immediately aimed and shot her gun. I looked around her and saw she shot the top of Yondu's head and he fell to the ground. Was he dead?!

She pulled the trigger again and this time she shot Rocket who was standing in the middle of the Ravager circle. I was scared and stayed behind Nebula. Groot was whimpering in my ear.

Nebula looked around at the circle and greeted them.

"Hello boys."