6

I woke up after taking a short nap. I was still in my dad's arms. And he was piloting the Milano towards a giant skull surrounded by stardust. "What is that?" I ask.

My dad looks down at me. "That is Knowhere." I saw as the Milano slowly got closer, lights from inside the skull and ships flying in and out.

I jump off of my dad's lap and stand right in front of the window. The Milano goes through the eye on the skull and I can see buildings everywhere inside.

"Clover." I heard my dad call me. I turn around and run over to him. We head down to the back of the ship and everyone gets off. "Stay close to me and don't speak to any strangers. Alright?" My dad tells me. I nodded.

There was all kinds of aliens here. And being four years old, I was scared because they were huge compared to me and some were scary looking. I held onto my dad's jacket ad we walked through the streets.

Gamora was telling everyone what we had to do, which was wait. Rocket, Groot, and Drax all went inside a bar. I stayed outside the bar with my dad and Gamora. I sat down on the cold metal, staring at the gases of the universe.

My dad and Gamora were whispering but I could clearly hear them. I didn't play attention to it since I knew my dad was starting to flirt with Gamora. Because he always does that with all the females he meets.

I heard a few crashes and bangs inside the bar. I looked to Gamora and my dad and they noticed it too. My dad signaled me to follow him As we run inside the bar.

I saw Drax was punching Groot and Rocket was pulling out his gun.

Gamora ran in front of Drax and my dad ran in front of Rocket. I was standing behind my dad. Why were they fighting? Everyone was screaming and talking and it was super loud for me. I cover one of my ears with my hand.

"Woah Woah! What are you doing?!" My dad yelled. Rocket was pointing his gun at us.

Drax spoke up and I held on tightly to my dad's leg. "This vermin speaks of affairs he knows nothing about!"

"That is true!" Rocket shouted.

"He has no repsect!" Drax yelled.

"That is also true!" Rocket shouted back. Still aiming his gun at us.

"Woah! Woah hold on!" My dad still tried to stop whatever this is. Eveyone in the bar was just standing there, staring at us.

"Keep callin' me vermin tough guy! You just wanna laugh like everyone else." Rocket said. He lowered his gun but it was pointing straight at me.

"Rocket you're drunk, alright? No one's laughing at you. Calm down." My dad said, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"He thinks I'm just a stupid thing, he does. Well I didn't ask to get made! I didn't ask to be torn apart and put back together over an' over into....some little monster!" Rocket exclaimed, his words slurred.

"Rocket no one is calling you a monster." My dad said calmly.

"He called me vermin! She called me rodent!" Rocket started to pick up his gun again. I whimpered and hid more behind my dad.

"Let's see if you're still laughing after five or six shots in your frickin' face!" Rocket yelled pointing his gun up.

"Hey! No no no no! Four billion units! Rocket come on! Suck it in for one more lousy night and you're rich." My dad tried to reason with him.

I stared quietly at him, hoping that Rocket will not fire. I felt like I was holding my breath, waiting for him to make a move. Rocket lowered his gun and put it away. Everyone started calming down.

I sighed in relief. This always used to happen when I was growing up with the Ravagers. My dad kneels down in front of me. "You okay Clover?" He asked me. I nodded and wraooed my arms around his neck. My dad rubbed my back before pulling away.

A pink lady appeared and led us to wherever we had to go.