Chapter Eleven

"DO YOU HAVE HEART?!"

"SIR!" The 104th saluted.

Standing in at the very center of Headquarters' open field, the 104th Cadets lined up for their graduation. All stood proudly for they have survived their three years of hellish training. Now it was their time to choose which they were to follow, their Regiment.

"AS OF THIS MOMENT, YOU HAVE THREE OPTIONS OPEN TO YOU, CHOOSE WISELY! THE GARRISON REGIMENT, WHOSE JOB IS TO REINFOCE THE WALL; THE SURVEY CORPS, WHO RIDES OUT TO TITAN TERRITORY TO TAKE BACK WHAT IS ONNCE OURS; THE MILITARY POLICE, TO MAINTAIN LAW AND ORDER UNDER THE ORDERS OF HIS MAJESTY! THOSE CADETS WHO ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE MPs HAVE ALREADY BEEN CHOSEN, THE REST OF YOU TAKE A LOOK, THESE ARE THE TOP OF YOUR CLASS!"

Iris stared at the line up of possible candidates for the MPs, she knew that not all of them would take the easy life and live in the Interior – Eren and Mikasa. And she couldn't help but wonder which among them would turn out to be dirty like the other MPs.

Jean, possibly. She thought.

After the whole graduation ceremony, everyone was brought back for the feast. Everyone was celebrating for their success, especially the Top 10.

"ALRIGHT, MILITARY POLICE, HERE I COME!" Connie yelled.

"Three square meals for life!" Sasha cheered.

Iris, who stood at the side, she had her eyes at Leon celebrating with Connie and the others, congratulating them on making the Top 10. Joining her was Mikasa. The two shared a quiet acknowledgement. Mikasa then handed her a cup of mead, they both tapped the edge of their cups at each other before drinking.

"I guess I'll be seeing you, Armin and Eren at the Survey Corps." Iris said.

"Yes..." Mikasa said.

"Good, the Scouts will be needing someone like you." Iris said.

Mikasa smiled a small smile.

"And you too."

The two turned to each other and smiled.

"What about you, what're you going to choose?" Connie asked.

"You know what I'm headed for." Leon said. "The Survey Corps."

"You serious?" Connie said.

"I've been wanting to be a Scout since I was a kid... to me, there's no greater honor than riding with the Scouts to retake Wall Maria... and soon, the world." Leon said.

"There's no changing your mind, huh." Connie said.

Leon shook his head.

"Well, I guess I'll be seeing you when I see you." Connie said and held out his hand for Leon.

"Guess we will." Leon said. "The next time we see each other, you'll be fat and happy."

Connie chuckled. "Hey, don't die, alright?"

Leon smiled and shook Connie's hand.

"Yeah."

The sudden raising of voice of Thomas caught everyone's attention. Turning to their crowd, and seeing Eren and the others in it, Iris sighed, she placed a hand on Mikasa's shoulder and left the Mess.

"Hey, where's Iris?" Krista asked.

"She was just there a few minutes ago." Sasha said.

Leon looked around, hoping to find his short friend. When he wasn't able to find it, Leon excused himself and left to look for her.